Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
Paddy00000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Info Streams

Hi, can someone offer some advice on Info Streams?  I've got a couple of projects defined in Starteam Agile.  I have a Defect infostream up and running fine on one project and so wanted to do the same for the second project.  I've created a new query in starteam and then selected the query to set-up another Defect Info Stream but nothing is coming through.  I know the query works as I tested it before trying to use it.   I thought maybe you could only have 1 defect info stream accross Starteam agile so removed the working info stream hoping it might let the new IS work, but no joy.  Has anyone else had issues with Info streams?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Info Streams

Hi Paul

If the defects already exist then its likely that this wont be sent through as an info stream but any new defects should be sent through. Existing defects will have an info stream state set so these do not get picked up, you can change and have the info stream detected in Agile. Is this what you need?

You can have a separate defect stream per project.  

Cheers David

0 Likes
Absent Member.

OK, got it.  Thanks David, thats exactly what I need.  How would I go about doing that?  Sounds like a sys admin job?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Paul

Ok you have a number of choices on how to address this

You can run the STCMD engine against these and automate this process or you could issue a database sql update. The first approach is the suggested route.

So you would need to run the STCMD update command against the CRs

If you need a hand to formulate this command let me know

See this article for full clarifications:

community.microfocus.com/.../727.using-the-new-stcmd-tool.aspx

More details on backlog streams:

community.microfocus.com/.../652.handling-rejected-backlog-to-backlog-info-stream-items.aspx

Cheers David

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks David but I think it might be a more fundamental issue than this.  I have added new test CR's fufilling the criteria of the query with the expectation that these will be pulled through by the Info stream but the CR's are not appearing.  100% sure my query is correct and 100% sure my info stream is configured correctly and 100% that my test CR's fulfill the Query criteria.   What am I missing?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Paul

I will send you an email to gather more information offline and we can then post the resolution once resolved.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.