StarTeam 17.0 has officially been released. The largest impact for this release is the Native Code Review. We had received invaluable feedback from a number of customers who attended our last Customer Advisory Board (CAB) in May 2018 about the native Code Review where it was previewed. In addition to the new Native Code Review, we’ve also added several CPC enhancements added enhancements to the StarTeam Server.
Below is a short list of the High-Level-Themes added in StarTeam 17.0. For a full list of all the new features and fixes in StarTeam 17.0, please refer to the Release Notes.
New Native Code Review:
- Code Review enables development teams to continuously examine the health and quality of their changes
- Users have the ability to decide if changes are ready to be merged or released
- Team members can not only collaborate to conduct peer reviews of code changes but also view recent activity in projects and views.
- Support for AutoPass Licensing: StarTeam Server now supports a new centralized license server. Customers currently using BLS/FLEX LM should consider moving to AutoPass License Server.
- Server Statistics Monitoring: StarTeam Server now supports all browsers for this feature. For more information about this feature or how to configure it, please refer to “Monitoring Server Statistics” section in Server guide.
- Support for Multiple AD servers: StarTeam 17.0 now supports multiple Active Directory Servers.
CPC (Cross-Platform-Client) Enhancements:
- Lightweight Activity View: Alternative to a 'branch-all' view, which is a heavyweight operation for large views (recommended for release views which required to be built and labelled), Lightweight Activity Views are recommended for quick feature development/ bug fixes. Creation time for Lightweight Activity Views are extremely fast and the view itself leaves a low footprint on the server and database making it ideal for activity views.
- Folder Access Rights enhancements: Users now have the ability to clone folder access rights across project/view folders. Users also have the ability to set folder access rights in bulk by allowing selection of multiple folders.
- Client Auto Update Feature Enhancements: When downloading a client update, multi choices are available to either directly install or open installer folder, and run the installer at elevated privilege. Users now have the ability to pick the highest dot notation update file from 2 or more client update files checked into Starflow extensions project.
StarTeam Git Client:
As a reminder, StarTeam extends seamlessly with Git via the StarTeam Git Client. If you have Git today, you can seamlessly integrate those users with StarTeam repositories without causing any disruption with existing policies and practices or requiring any training, configuration or separate installation. Your Git users will be able to experience all the benefits you have entrusted with StarTeam such as:
- Governance and compliance across your users and repositories
- Auditability (history is 100% immutable)
- Policy Management / Issue Enforcement (i.e. Change Packages)
- Ability to centrally manage users, repositories and fine-grained access controls
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.