Micro Focus is very happy to announce that we have secured the venues and dates for next years Software Change and Configuration Management Customer Advisory Boards. This is a free event that we are hosting for our SCCM customers of StarTeam, AccuRev and Dimensions.
For 2019 we are very pleased to announce that we will be holding two events, one In the UK and one on North America.
Full details are noted below and please let myself, Jimmy and Tim know if you want to secure your place and we will follow up with full logistics.
Micro Focus Wood street office
2 day event on 5th and 6 of March 2019
Aria Hotel and Casino - https://www.aria.com/en.html
2 day event on 15th and 16th May 2019
To secure your place at these events please contact myself on firstname.lastname@example.org or James.ORourke@microfocus.com, Timothy.Flynn@microfocus.com
Update - Proposed CAB agenda:
- What’s New StarTeam 17x - lightweight branches, Server admin update to include new advanced statistics viewers and reporting, Single sign-on etc..
- Native Git Client improvements
- Roadmap Review of the Top 10-12 major themes
- Roadmap Voting/Prioritization of major themes for next release
- Best Practices within an agile or waterfall environment
- 1-2 Customer Presentations (how StarTeam is adopted/deployed in their environment)
- Best Practices within DevOps and DevSecOps
- Continuous Integration Best Practices
- Product integration's (i.e. JIRA, Rally, Jenkins, etc.)
- New native Code-Review
- Plus much more...
If you have not attended an SCCM CAB before let me provide further details:
What is a CAB?:
- CAB is Short for Customer Advisory Board.
- A meeting between Micro Focus Customers and various departments within Micro Focus. This usually consists of the support team, product manager, R&D team and other customer advocates.
- The meetings are usually 2 days long but recently we have added a 3rd optional day to facilitate one to one personal meetings.
- The CABs are highly interactive collaboration between Micro Focus and it’s customers to help drive the future of the product, build a more personal relationship and also to provide additional value on the maintenance plans paid to Miro Focus.
Why have a CAB?
- To often product decisions can be made in a bubble and without clear customer direction, Micro Focus wants clear customer direction on product strategy.
- Benefit of meeting with many customers vs individual trips. Plus, customers love hearing from other customers as opposed to the product vendor.
- CABs allows for PM, Dev, Support and CAM’s to interact in a more intimate setting rather than over email or web meetings.
- Better insight and understanding about how your products are being used in the market place.
- Relationship building.
- Customers get to present their deployment of the product and the benefits it brings to their org.
- Plus a host of other benefits including swag bags of branded merchandise, offsite dinners and Micro Focus exectives (VP level) will be in attendance.
Hoping to see you at the 2019 CABs!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.