StarTeam 15.0-Using the Import/Export Manager to manage projects (Video)
1) Before you complete an import or export, we would recommend taking a full backup of your StarTeam configuration. The export and import manager deals with both the StarTeam database and the hive and bundles all of the project data together, so in the case of a failure you need to be able to roll back.
2) Open the StarTeam server application and log in as an Admin user
3) Make sure both the source and target configurations are shut down in order to enable the Import/Export Manager
4) If you would like to import a project to a configuration which is located on the same machine to the source, select the configuration you wish to import to and select "Import from server configuration"
a) Select the source configuration from the dropdown menu
b) Input your StarTeam database password to allow the tool to retrieve information from the database
c) Select the project(s) you want to export and select/unselect the options below based on your preferences
d) Click Import
e) The process will take some time depending on the size of the project, and a window will appear when it is complete to confirm
5) If you would like to import a project to a configuration which is located on a different machine to the source, select "Export" to Export the data to a file which can be imported to the new machine
a) Input your StarTeam database password to allow the tool to retrieve information from the database
b) Select the project(s) you want to export and select/unselect the options below based on your preferences
c) Choose the location you want to save the file to
d) Click Export
e) The metadata and hive files will be bundled into a .stbk file which you can then move to the target machine
f) The target machine will need to have installed the exact StarTeam server build of the source machine
g) Move the file to the target machine
h) Open the StarTeam server on the target machine
i) Make sure the target configuration is shut down
j) Click "Import from Backup file"
k) Select the file (.stbk) by clicking "Browse"
l) Select/unselect the options you require, and click Import
m) You will be given a chance to review the import to ensure you are importing correctly. Click yes
n) The operation will take some time depending on the size of the project. A window will appear when it is complete to confirm
6) Test the results using the CPC