Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
carlos_quirinolima Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Setting Change Request bean properties

Jump to solution

I would like to implement in Java + Starteam SDK 12.5 a Change Request Form without using gui.components.*Editors. Is it possible?

I can put on the form swing java components (labels, combos, text area and field, etc.), but how to persist the related properties to change request? Is there any way to do it using the API?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Setting Change Request bean properties

Jump to solution

Hi guys

The development team have reviewed this and we have some planning discussions underway about a future lightweight API approach, but the current APE model requires the guicomponents.

Thanks, David

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The APEs and Form Customization's are not a part of the SDK.

I recommend that you raise a ticket and open a support case with MicroFocus.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Carlos

Let us look into this request in more detail and get back with more information.

Thanks, David

0 Likes
carlos_quirinolima Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Ok, I'll wait. Please, be quick.

Thanks

0 Likes
paulyphonica Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I had asked a similar question once and was informed that this was not possible and that everything had to be a gui.components.*Editor.  I would also be interested in knowing if there is a way to do this, as it seems the current GUI controls are too restrictive, and using a pure Swing UI with a lightweight Support object to provide the necessary WorkflowContext and ItemWrapper information should be sufficient for most Java GUI developers to write a good working CR form without all of the side effects of working with these stock components.

Software Consultant and StarTeam Expert

(Not affiliated with Borland or Micro Focus)

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi guys

The development team have reviewed this and we have some planning discussions underway about a future lightweight API approach, but the current APE model requires the guicomponents.

Thanks, David

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.