CyJeliel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Alert to upgrade Client Version

Jump to solution

I'd like to warn StarTeam Client Users in case they are using versions older than 13 to upgrade their versions.

For example, User A is using Client 2009. When he/she opens the StarTeam Client, a warning appears, instruicting him/her to upgrade his/her version.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
CyJeliel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Alert to upgrade Client Version

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick reply.

I didn't explain very weel, I'm sorry. I'll try to do better this time.

Before restricting the access, we'd like to warn, but still let the user user use the older Client during a certain period.

For example: user A uses Cllient 2009.

From May 1st to Jul 1st, he can still use Client 2009, but he must be warned that this version will no longer be supported after Jul 1st.

After Jul 1st, we'll block his access from Client 2009 e no more warnings are needed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to implement this. The above method will just restrict access until a permitted version is installed.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can put restrictions on which client versions that are permitted to connect using 'app control'. This is located in a folder 'AppControl' in your repository which will allow you to restrict versions of the client that connect to that specific configuration. Full details of how to implement this are in the app-control.xml file.

0 Likes
CyJeliel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick reply.

I didn't explain very weel, I'm sorry. I'll try to do better this time.

Before restricting the access, we'd like to warn, but still let the user user use the older Client during a certain period.

For example: user A uses Cllient 2009.

From May 1st to Jul 1st, he can still use Client 2009, but he must be warned that this version will no longer be supported after Jul 1st.

After Jul 1st, we'll block his access from Client 2009 e no more warnings are needed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to implement this. The above method will just restrict access until a permitted version is installed.

0 Likes
CyJeliel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.