Highlighted
psciascia Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Can't apply replay

This is a strange one. We have a multi-layer view architecture

L0->L1->L2->L3,

L0 is the parent

I just ran a file compare between L0 and L3 and found 2 files in L0 that were not in L3.

After some investigation, I saw that the files were added in L3 on June 19th  and subsequently promoted to L2, L1 and L0.

Then, 10 day later,  many change packages were created in L3, one of which deleted  the two files. All these change packages were promoted thereafter to L2, L1 and L0.

Now looking at the promote change package to L2, I do not see any evidence of the two files (there were hundreds of the files). No Delete, no Ignore.

If a select the single change package (with the two file deletions) in L3 and try to promote it to L2, I get no action to apply  everything is "unchanged".

I  go around the problem by deleting the files in L1 and promoting the change package to L0. Now the files are gone in L0, L1 and L3. If I select my change package (with my two deletes) and attempt to rebase it to L2, again I get all "unchanged". and I cannot rebase the delete operation.

The files are really there in L2 but for some reason I can't promote a delete from L3 nor rebase a delete from L1.

This is not urgent, because I'll get around this problem by explicitly deleting in L2 as well, but I was wondering if -  just by this strange description - you could explain what may be going on.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.