bhopenw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can StarTeam 2008 run on Windows Server 2012 R2?

Jump to solution

It's a long story but we are trying to get our StarTeam upgraded to 14.4.  But we have hardware issue that may force us to move servers sooner that planned. 

Thus my question is

Can StarTeam 2008 run on Windows Server 2012 R2?

Next question,

Where would I get the installers needed to get from 2008 to 14.4, IE 2008 R2 and 2009 R2   

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Can StarTeam 2008 run on Windows Server 2012 R2?

Jump to solution

Hello Brian

The official list of supported OS for StarTeam 2008 server is:

Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP2 (32-bit version)

Microsoft Windows 2003 Server R2 SP2 (32-bit version)

This version did not have a 64bit binary , this was only introduced in 2009 server version.

You could probably get the 2008 server installed on Windows server 2012 but its not officially supported by technical support and development. If you want to go ahead and install, please change the binary compatibility before attempting the installation. We have seen this helps with these situations.

We would much rather you work with us in the support team and we can successfully get you upgraded to the latest version on a fully supported OS. Bear in mind the difference from 2008 to 14.4 is substantial with lots of new features and better performance. If you want the list just let me know

Would you like one the team here to reach out and discuss an upgrade plan?

Thanks, David

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Brian

The official list of supported OS for StarTeam 2008 server is:

Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP2 (32-bit version)

Microsoft Windows 2003 Server R2 SP2 (32-bit version)

This version did not have a 64bit binary , this was only introduced in 2009 server version.

You could probably get the 2008 server installed on Windows server 2012 but its not officially supported by technical support and development. If you want to go ahead and install, please change the binary compatibility before attempting the installation. We have seen this helps with these situations.

We would much rather you work with us in the support team and we can successfully get you upgraded to the latest version on a fully supported OS. Bear in mind the difference from 2008 to 14.4 is substantial with lots of new features and better performance. If you want the list just let me know

Would you like one the team here to reach out and discuss an upgrade plan?

Thanks, David

0 Likes
bhopenw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

David

We are working with Borland to try to get an engagement to help upgrade our StarTeam.  But it has been a fight, more on our side than yours.  Therefore I am looking at plan B's if that engagement does not fly.  

Our preferred plan is get off StarTeam all together but we're stuck with it for one Project that is highly integrated to it.    

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.