ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CheckoutManager question

I checkout a hpp file using CPC client. The comment in head of this file is like below:

Modification Log:
$Log[10]:
20 G4Software 1.19 10/25/2013 5:27:07 AM Dave Frame CR28207

But when i use starteam api to checkout same file, the result look like this:

Modification Log:
$Log[10]:
20 G4Software 1.19 10/25/13 5:27:07 AM CSTDave Frame CR28207

I don't know why this is a CST appended. 

In my code, i use CheckoutOptions.setForceCheckout(true) to force checkout a file in different folder.

i try to using CheckoutOptions.setUpdateStatus(), but not work.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

CST stands for Central Standard Time in the US or China Standard Time, depending upon where you are.

This string "10/25/13 5:27:07 AM CST" represents how date time would be formatted on a Unix platform, i.e. by native Java..

You must be using the 14.0 SDK & CPC?

The CPC loads 32 (or 64) bit native .dll's, which provide (Windows)  platform specific date and time formatting.

but the sdk itself no longer does so by default.

We've introduced this behavior since 14.0 since most other applications had no interest in loading these .dll's.

Your custom SDK application can choose to load the native .dll's as well.

You seed to set a system property  java.lang.System.setProperty("loadNativeDLLs").

This needs to be the first thing your application does, before it creates the first SDK object.

- typically Server s = new Server("host", port);

once you do that, your sdk application will run like the CPC, and the formatted date/time string will not contain CST.

There is a caveat, however. You will now have to ensure that the native .dll's are in the SDK path.

And the application will need the 32 bit .dll's on 32 bit platforms, the 64 bit .dlll's on 64 bit platforms, so you need to be cognizant of your path.

fwiw, unless you are truly concerned about  date keyword parity between CPC and your custom sdk application, I myself would tend not to load the native .dll's.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.