Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CommandProcessor.execute SDKRuntimeException

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I was using CommandProcessor to query data for a long time, it worked very well.

Last weekend, our Service Administrator upgraded the server version from 11.5 to 14.0.2.24, and then CommandProcessor couldn't work now.

BTW, my SDK version is 13.0, Build 29

Exception in thread "main" com.starteam.exceptions.SDKRuntimeException: The command "connect NZheng:...@starteamserver.ers.na......org:49201" cannot be executed. com.starteam.exceptions.MPXException: A problem was encountered connecting to the MPX Message Broker. com/smartsockets/TipcException
    at com.starteam.exceptions.CommandException.thrwMPXE(CommandException.java:108)
    at com.starteam.ProtocolException$CommandExceptionEx.thrwMPXE(ProtocolException.java:118)
    at com.starteam.MPXEvent.throwConnectException(MPXEvent.java:845)
    at com.starteam.MPXClient$MPXMessageBroker.connect(MPXClient.java:1515)
    at com.starteam.MPXClient.<init>(MPXClient.java:164)
    at com.starteam.Server_CacheManager$Server_CacheManager_MPXClient.<init>(Server_CacheManager.java:115)
    at com.starteam.Server_CacheManager.newMPXClient(Server_CacheManager.java:1467)
    at com.starteam.CacheManager.enableMPX(CacheManager.java:177)
    at com.starteam.Server_CacheManager.enableMPX(Server_CacheManager.java:1814)
    at com.starteam.Server.enableMPX(Server.java:5148)
    at com.starteam.Server.enableMPX(Server.java:5118)
    at com.starteam.Server.enableMPX(Server.java:5090)
    at com.starteam.CommandProcessor$Connect.execute(CommandProcessor.java:5494)
    at com.starteam.CommandProcessor.execute(CommandProcessor.java:189)
    at test.CRShooterTest.main(CRShooterTest.java:213)

at com.starteam.exceptions.CommandException.nwSDKRE(CommandException.java:146)
    at com.starteam.ProtocolException$CommandExceptionEx.nwSDKRE(ProtocolException.java:154)
    at com.starteam.CommandProcessor$Connect.execute(CommandProcessor.java:5526)
    at com.starteam.CommandProcessor.execute(CommandProcessor.java:189)
    at test.CRShooterTest.main(CRShooterTest.java:213)
Caused by: com.starteam.exceptions.MPXException: A problem was encountered connecting to the MPX Message Broker. com/smartsockets/TipcException
    at com.starteam.exceptions.CommandException.thrwMPXE(CommandException.java:108)
    at com.starteam.ProtocolException$CommandExceptionEx.thrwMPXE(ProtocolException.java:118)
    at com.starteam.MPXEvent.throwConnectException(MPXEvent.java:845)
    at com.starteam.MPXClient$MPXMessageBroker.connect(MPXClient.java:1515)
    at com.starteam.MPXClient.<init>(MPXClient.java:164)
    at com.starteam.Server_CacheManager$Server_CacheManager_MPXClient.<init>(Server_CacheManager.java:115)
    at com.starteam.Server_CacheManager.newMPXClient(Server_CacheManager.java:1467)
    at com.starteam.CacheManager.enableMPX(CacheManager.java:177)
    at com.starteam.Server_CacheManager.enableMPX(Server_CacheManager.java:1814)
    at com.starteam.Server.enableMPX(Server.java:5148)
    at com.starteam.Server.enableMPX(Server.java:5118)
    at com.starteam.Server.enableMPX(Server.java:5090)
    at com.starteam.CommandProcessor$Connect.execute(CommandProcessor.java:5494)
    ... 2 more

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: CommandProcessor.execute SDKRuntimeException

Jump to solution

Well, the exception is telling you that your upgraded server no longer has MPX enabled...

That's something your StarTeam Administrator should immediately investigate, address and correct.

In the meantime, you can work around this (to the extent that you want the CommandProcessor to continue to run) by specifying mpx = off in te command script.

i.e. cp.execute("connect " + ... + port + " mpx = off");

You should also upgrade to SDK 14.0.2.39, a patch build released 2 weeks ago.

13.0.1.29 is now over 8 months old.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Below is my code:

CommandProcessor cp = new CommandProcessor();

cp.execute("connect "+userName+":"+passWord+"@"+address+":"+port);

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Well, the exception is telling you that your upgraded server no longer has MPX enabled...

That's something your StarTeam Administrator should immediately investigate, address and correct.

In the meantime, you can work around this (to the extent that you want the CommandProcessor to continue to run) by specifying mpx = off in te command script.

i.e. cp.execute("connect " + ... + port + " mpx = off");

You should also upgrade to SDK 14.0.2.39, a patch build released 2 weeks ago.

13.0.1.29 is now over 8 months old.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

After appending " mpx = off" to the command, it works correctly.

I am still confused why stcmd,exe could execute the command without exceptions. Does stcmd,exe turn the MPX off as default? I cannot understand what the MPX is.

Where can I find SDK 14.0.2.39? I cannot find the build on emeaftp.microfocus.com, and I am only an app developer and do not have account to access the supportline

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

>>After appending " mpx = off" to the command

Excellent. Please review the command line .pdf for the entire syntax of every command.

ftp://stsdkcust:LpeEFPwNMJ@emeaftp.microfocus.com/ST_CmdTools_Help.htm

>>I cannot understand what the MPX is.

There's a wiki page on the subject.

community.microfocus.com/.../24182.mpx-enabled-sdk-applications.aspx

Please do review all the wiki topics, you'll find a wealth of information on StarTeam development topics.

>>Where can I find SDK 14.0.2.39?

MicroFocus Supportline

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

[quote user="Anil Peres-da-Silva"]

>>Where can I find SDK 14.0.2.39?

MicroFocus Supportline

[/quote]

Could you provide a direct link for downloading SDK 14.0? I cannot access the supportline

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Nigel,

MicroFocus policy requires all product deliverables to only be  accessible via supportline.

Since your service administrator has upgraded your server to 14.0.2.24, I imagine you have a corporate requirement to upgrade all clients as well.

you'll have to take this up with your service administrator and/or your engineering management chain.

someone in your organization does have access to microfocus support line, and can get you the latest client builds.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Oops, our service administrator just ask us to upgrade to 13.0 client.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.