Highlighted
M_Preidel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Deleting Folders From Repository Using stcmd

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to delete a folder from a repository (not local) using stcmd. I searched the manual for this, but was unable to find any hints for getting this task done. I could only find stcmd remove, but this does only work for files.

Could you be so kind and help me out?

Regards,

M. Preidel

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Deleting Folders From Repository Using stcmd

Jump to solution

Correct. this is not supported. you'd need to raise a feature request with MicroFocus.

You could use the sync command that's new to the 12.5 stcmd. with sync, you'd have to first ensure that the folder was deleted locally on your file system, i.e. in your workspace, then 'sync' up the server with respect to your file system. sync works both ways. sync your working folders on disk w.r.t. the server. sync the server w.r.t. your working folders on disk.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Correct. this is not supported. you'd need to raise a feature request with MicroFocus.

You could use the sync command that's new to the 12.5 stcmd. with sync, you'd have to first ensure that the folder was deleted locally on your file system, i.e. in your workspace, then 'sync' up the server with respect to your file system. sync works both ways. sync your working folders on disk w.r.t. the server. sync the server w.r.t. your working folders on disk.

0 Likes
M_Preidel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Ok thank you so far.

Could you be so kind and give a few examples for using the stcmd sync? (no examples in manual)

I read the the manual (stcmd sync -?), but I am not able to get it working. I am trying to specify a view for sending the local changes to the repository. For testing reasons, I created a new view, which is a sub-view of my standard view.

I tryed this syntax: stcmd sync -p "User:PW@server:port/Projectname/sub-view" and I also tryed: stcmd sync -p "User:PW@server:port/Projectname/MyStandardView/sub-view"

I get this failure message: The parameter "-p" is missing or suspect. The synchronize command can only specify 'view', 'workspace' or 'both'

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

M. Preidel

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The command synchronizes changes on your local hard disk (working foders) to your view and vice versa.

It does not synchronize views with each other. That's vcmutility.

you cannot use -p with sync. It is one of the new class of stateful commands. Use

stcmd connect "User:PW@server:port"

stcmd set project=projectname view=viewname

stcmd sync {view | workspace | both}

when you specify view, sync applies to the view all the changes you have made to your workspace (i.e working folders on disk)

when you specify workspace, sync applies to your workspace all the changes made to your view

when you specifiy both, it does both of the above

in the test suite (junit.zip), you wil find examples of command line tests (look for the class com.startem.test.CommandProcessor)

including tests for connect, set and sync.

also please teake a look at the power point presentation StarTeam-SDK-Overview.pptx. You will find slides on the new command line features as well as a general overview of Starteam.

The test suite, the power point presentation, help documentation, latest builds, etc are all available through the read only announcement post for the latest patch release (12.5.0.28) on this forum.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.