Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
tm3dantes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ERROR-Could not create the Java Virtual Machine

Hello,

When I tried to launch the ST 2013 client, I received this error Java Virtual Machine Launcher - Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

I did install the Visual Studio Integration software for ST 2013, to which that did no work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
mboomer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: ERROR-Could not create the Java Virtual Machine

0 Likes
mikenol Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not sure if this is the problem but I ran into this exact issue when I installed a 32-bit piece of StarTeam, like the Eclipse plugin, on the same system as the full 64-bit client.  Turns out you cannot have the 32 and 64-bit SDK's on the same system.  It makes things very unhappy.  What I saw was whatever you installed last runs fine but whatever was previously installed does not work.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

With the current 13x CPC we do not allow a mix of 32bit and 64bit  clients.

However with the coming release of the 14x CPC we will allow a mix of the two due to them no longer sharing a registry key.

0 Likes
jazzmigar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Most of the time you can fix this problem by uninstalling the Java runtime and then reinstalling it all over again.

You can also try increasing the amount of system memory allocated to the Java virtual machine by setting an environment variable.

Open the Control Panel

Go to System

Go to Advanced Systems Properties

Then Environment Variables

In System Variables, click Add

New Variable Name: _JAVA_OPTIONS

New Variable Value: -Xmx512M

Click OK

That’s it, your Java program should now be able to execute properly.

For those interested, Java -Xmx/s is the configuration parameter that control the amount of memory Java uses.

Xmx sets the maximum heap memory size

Xms sets the minimum heap memory size

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.