psciascia Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Editing a task's Type (StTaskLifecycleType) property.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have no idea whether or not this is a legacy property but I would like to add a new enumerated value to it and set it via a bulk update. This is a property of the Task  artefact, it displays as "Type" in the "customize" dialog, and its real name appears to be StTaskLifecycleType.  I would like to use it to identify a type of task, but I cannot see it anywhere in the Task form, nor can I add it to the Custom tab.  Within 'Customize', both "Enable"  and "Disable" buttons are disabled.

I've added my enumerated values, now how do I go about editing the value of the field.

Thanks as always!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Editing a task's Type (StTaskLifecycleType) property.

Jump to solution

>> I cannot see it anywhere in the Task form

we have not added it to the Task form since no one has asked for it.

>>nor can I add it to the Custom tab

it is not a custom property.

>>how do I go about editing the value of the field.

please open a Support incident with MicroFocus Customer Supportline.

Please ask them for an enhancement, to allow the LifeCycle type to be editable via the Task Form..

Take care

anil

5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

>> I cannot see it anywhere in the Task form

we have not added it to the Task form since no one has asked for it.

>>nor can I add it to the Custom tab

it is not a custom property.

>>how do I go about editing the value of the field.

please open a Support incident with MicroFocus Customer Supportline.

Please ask them for an enhancement, to allow the LifeCycle type to be editable via the Task Form..

Take care

anil

Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll open an ER.

Is this something I can do via the command line tool? I've never used it to set a property value.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Apparently not with that field, unless I am using it wrong.

error message message, first try:  The property name "StTaskLifecycleType" is not resolvable to a user modifiable property.

Second try, not using property name with no caps (sttasklifecycletype): The property name "type" is not resolvable to a user modifiable property.

In either case, it doesn't seem to be modifiable.  I'll open the ER.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I received an answer from supportline saying my ER will be part of the november release.

Meanwhile, even if the stcmd gave me an error, I was able to do via the SDK, so I created a little program to edit it.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.