Highlighted
New Member.

Folder name

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to include folder name in notification emails?

Notification agent sends mail when a CR is created or Modified. can we include the folder name in which CR is created in the mail? Rightnow it gives the information about project and view. Is it possible to include folder name as well?

This message has been sent to you automatically by StarTeam Server because Change Request #1 described below has been edited by Murugavel Parthasarathy

Change Request #1 Location:

Project: Test
View: Test

folder: "somename"

rgds

Vel

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>changerequest.getstatus()) but it returns a value which is not in our workflow.

ChangeRequest.getStaus() returns the value of the stock status property.

ChangeRequest,getValue(server.getTypes().CHANGE_REQUEST().getProperties().find("Usr_StarFlowStatus") would return the value of the status associated with your workflow.

>>Can you please explain how to do this?

ServerAdministrator, Configure Server, select ChangeRequest from the Process Item Specification,

in the status property drop-down select StarFlowStatus, in the Close State drop down, pick the state that represents completion on checkin, and then update.

now, when you checkin a file (or files) through checkin manager, the workflow status property will transition to the selected close state, which should provide a seamless integration between your cr workflow and your file checkins.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Vel

The change request table holds two values that you should look at

Folder and folder path

The folder displays the folder name whilst the folder path will display the hierarchy of the folder and what its parent is.

These can be included in your workflow notifications when building your flow via the workflow designer

Open the step and go to step notification and click on insert reference and select these from the UI

Thanks,. David

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

David,

Thank you very much for the input. I have followed your instruction and added Folder reference but how can I take this reference to the body of the mail. I have added new line Folder =  ~~Folder~~  in cr-new.html under Notification folder but below is the output

Change Request #203011 Location:

Project: Test

View: Test

Folder: [Unknown Property: Folder]

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Vel

For the default notications we fire the templates that are stored in the notifications folder under the repository

Please edit the new CR html template to include this property

If this does not work let me know and we will create a new issue to get this working

Thanks David

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

David,

What is the property name for folder? I have added Folder = ~~folder~~,  but it doesnot work.

Rgds

Vel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Vel

We looked into this further and it appears that client-calculated fields cannot be used in custom email notifications or Notification Agent. Reports can use any field name.

The folder and folder path are both client side fields.

For a full list of these see page 920 on the  online guide:

techpubs.borland.com/.../ST_CPC_Help_en.pdf

Thanks David

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

David,

What about value of Status? I see a value against Status as "Fixed", but we dont have any status as fixed in our workflow. How do I take the value of exact CR status and send it in NA mails.

Rgds

Vel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>I see a value against Status as "Fixed", but we dont have any status as fixed in our workflow

There are 2 status properties on a ChangeRequest. StarTeam ships with a stock property called Status.

Until the 11.0 platform, the Cross Platform Client used the Status property for file checkin through the checkn dialog.

Workflow creates and uses a user defined custom property called Usr_StarflowStatus.

Since 12.0 onwards, we have integrated Status such that the StarTeam Administrator can assign the workflow status property as the one and only status property for the ChangeRequest.

This would then ensure that checkin's done through the CPC would automatically use the Usr_StarFlow Status to transition it to it's 'Fixed' state, whatever that may be.

But you need to customize your status property at the server, via the Admin tool.

Once you do that, any status reporting discrepancies will disappear.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Anil,

>But you need to customize your status property at the server, via the Admin tool.

Can you please explain how to do this?

I tried to get a status of a particular CR (changerequest.getstatus()) but it returns a value which is not in our workflow.

rgds

Vel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>changerequest.getstatus()) but it returns a value which is not in our workflow.

ChangeRequest.getStaus() returns the value of the stock status property.

ChangeRequest,getValue(server.getTypes().CHANGE_REQUEST().getProperties().find("Usr_StarFlowStatus") would return the value of the status associated with your workflow.

>>Can you please explain how to do this?

ServerAdministrator, Configure Server, select ChangeRequest from the Process Item Specification,

in the status property drop-down select StarFlowStatus, in the Close State drop down, pick the state that represents completion on checkin, and then update.

now, when you checkin a file (or files) through checkin manager, the workflow status property will transition to the selected close state, which should provide a seamless integration between your cr workflow and your file checkins.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Thanks Anil it works. It returns an array of enumerated values.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.