mikenol Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Help with LDAP integration for TeamInspector

Jump to solution

Hey all,

I am trying to get TeamInspector to work with our LDAP infrastructure (since it is required for TeamInspector) and can't seem to get it going.  I will admit I know very little about LDAP but I know we have MS AD and we use it to log into our workstations/laptops.  I also created a PHP script that connects and binds to the AD then dumps the users tree.  This script works fine and I can see my user account in the output so I know I can successfully connect to the LDAP server.

I have tried everything I can think of configuration wise but still can't get it going and there isn't anything in any log file I can find that tells me what it doesn't like.  Can anyone provide some guidance?  Are there any folks out there that have TeamInspector configured for a MS AD server that might be able to provide an example?  I realize every configuration can be different, just looking for something to help point me in the right direction.

In case it helps, here is an excerpt (names changed to protect the innocent) from the TeamInspector configuration.properties file.

# user configurable properties

# LDAP Server
ldap_server=my.company.com

# LDAP Port
ldap_port=389

# LDAP Base Distinguished Name
# Have tried several variations here.  This works in my PHP script.
ldap_base_dn=CN=Users,DC=my,DC=company,DC=com

# LDAP distinguished name for the account used for binding
# This account works in my PHP script...
ldap_manager_dn=me@my.company.com

# LDAP password for the account used for binding
# This password works in my PHP script
ldap_manager_password=NotGoingToSayDuh...

# LDAP filter used to search for a specific user
ldap_user_search_filter=(sAMAccountName={0})

# LDAP search timeout in milliseconds
ldap_user_search_timeout_in_millis=10000

Thanks for any help,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Help with LDAP integration for TeamInspector

Jump to solution

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have a quick answer for this one. Would it be possible to log a support case and I would be happy to work with you in trying to resolve this?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have a quick answer for this one. Would it be possible to log a support case and I would be happy to work with you in trying to resolve this?

0 Likes
mikenol Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Gary.  I was trying to avoid opening a support case since I am pretty sure it is something I am missing on my end so didn't want to waste their/your time.

I was able to find someone in the company who might be able to help me out. We are going to give it a shot on Wednesday.  If we are not able to figure it out, I will go ahead and open a support case.

Thanks again.

Mike

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

One quick Question. Without revealing any corporate secrets, can you tell me if any of the parts that make up your LDAP address have spaces in them? e.g. instead of My_Company you might have My Company?

0 Likes
mikenol Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Nope, no spaces in anything.  Everything is separated by periods - my.company.com, my.name@my.company.com, etc.

0 Likes
mikenol Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Just FYI, we were able to get it going this morning.  Just had to figure out the magical combination for the ldap_base_dn string.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.