psciascia Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How can I find out who moved an item?

Jump to solution

This is a follow-up to aprevious question:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/StarTeam-SDK-Discussions/Trapping-a-process-item-moved-to-a-new-view/m-p/1733191#M1747/jump-to/first-unread-message

Now that I sucessfully trap items that move, how can I return who moved it. I imagine it has something to do with the audit which I am not tool familiar with. I know I can  retrieve all audit items in the item's folder, but how do I pin point the audit created for that particular move?  Is the audit's objectID the same as the item's object ID? (probably not because **bleep** probably references the audit object not the Item1's object id).

And what if I can somehow link an audit to an Item I have, it may have several audits in the current folder for the description, especially if was moved in and out in the past. How then do I zero in on the move that I have just trapped?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How can I find out who moved an item?

Jump to solution

The best approach at your disposal is to run the command line query

select lifecycle from type ...

the lifecycle command returns the history of updates & moves, internally running the commands necessary to produce this information.

Take care

anil

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The best approach at your disposal is to run the command line query

select lifecycle from type ...

the lifecycle command returns the history of updates & moves, internally running the commands necessary to produce this information.

Take care

anil

0 Likes
psciascia Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll try it out. I imagine this is accessible through th CommandProcesor as well then?

I ask because the event listener traps specific types of artefact movement and alerts the concerned parties via email. Of the important information I share by email is  which user did the move, which explains my question. everything is done from the SDK.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Yes
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.