Highlighted
psciascia Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How to launch a StarTeam URL from a Google Doc

I've been scouring the Internet for a work around, but I never thought of bringing this to the community.

We use G-Suite in our office and a lot of our shared documents are Google Docs.

A lot of our documents make references to StarTeam CR's or tasks. But the information is static so gets old quick.

Can you see me coming?

I would love to use links in a google doc to launch StarTeam. But the ST URL's are not http, so google does not like them, treats them as typos. 

If the link is on a standard html page or control, it works: a new browser page opens up with the starteam url and executing the page launches StarTeam.

But I've never been able to launch a StarTeam URL directly from a Google Doc.

Has anyone been able to find a way around this?

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.