Highlighted
jjgarion Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to migrate to Starteam from Subversion

We're trying to migrate SVN repositories to Starteam Cross-Platform Client 2009,

and I wonder if there are importers, tools or scripts that can help us.

I've read some of the old posts with no luck...

If anyone has done similar migration before, please kindly let me know how it can be done.

Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: How to migrate to Starteam from Subversion

>>Starteam Cross-Platform Client 2009
The Cross Platform Client is a GUI framework to the StarTeam server.
What version of the StarTeam server are you on, please?
Why are you on 2009 (11.0) ? That is 8 year old technology.
We are currently shipping the StarTeam 16.1 platform. Have you considered upgrading?

We have a StarTeam - subversion bridge that supports reading the tip content of the sub version repository and pulling it into the StarTeam server.
Will this suffice? If so, I suggest you open a support case with MicroFocus and be provided access to the bridge.

Take care
anil
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>subversion bridge that supports reading the tip content of the sub version repository
Correction. Our bridge supports reading tip + history from the sub version repository, and writing it into StarTeam
0 Likes
jjgarion Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for the reply.
We're using Starteam 12.0 on the server side, and unfortunately there isn't any plan for upgrading at this moment.

I wonder if the bridge works with 12.0, and if it does I'll go for the support ticket as you suggested.

Thank you for the info.

Regards,
Garion.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

yes, the bridge does work targeting the 12.0 server.
Once you open a support case, I will work with the support team to ensure that your use cases are tested and verified.
take care
anil
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.