jf4984
New Member.

Issue with checking out file using -fp and -vl options

We are using StarTeam version 16.0.2-65. We are finding that when using a stcmd co command, with the -fp and -vl options together, only  the latest version checks out  to the alternate path (-fp option) and the version tied to the label (-vl option) checks out to the default path. Thus, the alternative path only has the latest version.

Here is an example of the command:

stcmd co -p "name..." -epwdfile "password.." -cmp -x -nologo -o  -attached  -vl "TEST 18.4.0 BUILD" -iip -fp "E:\Build Utilities\18.4.0"

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Issue with checking out file using -fp and -vl options

It certainly sounds like a defect.
Please open an incident through microfocus customer support so we may track and prioritize it.
We have a release planned for may 2018.
0 Likes
jf4984
New Member.

I have the same issue even if I don't use the -attached option
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,
I have been trying to reproduce this in house and I am unable to show the described behaviour. I may not have all the information so I think its best if you log a support incident and we can definitely investigate the issue more thoroughly.

Thanks,
Gary
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

yes, i've run several tests, i'm unable to reproduce this myself.

here's a couple of suggestions.
1) from the documentation... stcmd path specifications must use Java conventions (not Microsoft Windows).
so you should not use "e:\build utilities\18.4.0", you must use "e:/build utilities/18.4.0"

2) consider the possibility that the revisions attached to the labels may have their paths fixed, not relative.
if so, try using -frp (force relative paths) in the command syntax

3) turn off -iip momentarily, and see what path's it complains about. this may give you an indication if it's masking something else.

as always, please feel free to open an incident with customer support.
that's always your first line of offense... and defense...

take care
anil
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.