Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
goose182 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Latest Eclipse Plugin

I'm hunting for the latest StarTeam plugin for Eclipse.  The only link I can find points to a supportftp.borland.com site which has been unreachable for weeks now (it's on this page and it links to this file).

Can anyone point me to a valid download location for the latest StarTeam plugin for Eclipse?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
9 Replies
goose182 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Latest Eclipse Plugin

Sorry I've messed up the links above apparently.  The page that mentions the latest version that I was referring to is here: community.microfocus.com/.../22050.13-0-starteam-eclipse-client-is-now-available.aspx

The direct link to the file which is not loading is here: supportftp.borland.com/.../st-eclipse-13.0.1.29.exe

0 Likes
Highlighted
mboomer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry about that we have had to make some changes to our FTP servers.

You can also download this from  supportline.microfocus.com

You will need your login to access the product updates area

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi.

We have hosted this on another server

Please use this link below:

** ftp.microfocus.com/.../st-eclipse-13.0.1.29.exe **

0 Likes
gregory_smith Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello.

Is there a newer version of the Eclipse plug-in for v.14?  

In either case, does the plug-in support Eclipse 4.3?

Thank you.

0 Likes
trant1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any update here please?

I used to be able to download the plugin via Eclipse using the update site: altd.borland.com/.../site.xml

This no longer works, it throws the following error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found. Software being installed: StarTeam 2009 R2 Eclipse 3.6 Client 11.0.0.97v20111028-1643 (com.borland.starteam_3.6.feature.group 11.0.0.97v20111028-1643) Missing requirement: StarTeam 2009 R2 Eclipse 3.6 Client 11.0.0.97v20111028-1643 (com.borland.starteam_3.6.feature.group 11.0.0.97v20111028-1643) requires 'org.eclipse.platform.feature.group [3.6.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

I tried coming up with URLS changing that eclipse3.6 to other numbers up to 4.3 and they are all 404s.

Please help

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

At present we have only support up to and including Eclipse 4.2.x and we have not implemented support for 4.3. Also please be aware that we no longer maintain the update sites and the plugin now comes as an executable which can be downloaded from supportline.microfocus.com.

We plan to include support for Eclipse 4.3 in an upcoming release.

0 Likes
trant1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Gary, any rough ETA on when that release may be available?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

We plan for a summer release but at present there is no definite time scale for when this will be available.

0 Likes
gregory_smith Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for the update, Gary!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.