Follow these steps to reproduce the situation subjected:

1. Estabilish a link between two items, named here like A and B;

2. Open the link tab of item A;

3. Pin the version 1.0 of the item B (target);

4. Create a view label C;

5. Delete the item B;

6. Change the configuration to the view label C;

7. Open the link tab of the items A or B;

8. Surprise: the link does not exist any more.

Hypothesis: The delete operation also impacts the link into a previous configuration.

Problem: Traceability between items is lost when one of them are deleted.

Someone confirms the hypothesis? or knows the problem?

----------

StarTeam Server 13.0.1.14 (64 bit), SDK 13.0.1.19 and CPC 13.0.1-21 (32 bit).

Caliber 11.2, File Version 11.2.0.42 and Client 11.2.0.42.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Link pinned doesn't persist in previous configuration after delete linked item

Jump to solution

I'm unable to reproduce this with any of the 12.x+ servers or clients either. So the bug is probably specific to the 10.4.8.73 server. We dropped support for this server several years ago.

We released StarTeam 13.0 in July and will drop support for StarTeam 11.0 by the end of this year.

It's probably a wise idea for you to recommend an across the board upgrade within your organization.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Link pinned doesn't persist in previous configuration after delete linked item

Jump to solution

Could you please provide us with the following additional information?

What are the exact build versions of your StarTeam server, client (CPC) and SDK?

0 Likes
Olotila Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I can't reproduce that problem with StarTeam CPC 11.0.0-87, SDK 11.0.0.79, and Server 11.0.0.72.  (I know these versions are rather old now.)  The link remains visible in the configuration at view label C.  In my test, both A and B were new files with only one revision each.  StarTeamMPX was not in use.

0 Likes
edgar_melo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi, Anil, we're using StarTeam CPC 2009 11.0.0-89, SDK 11.0.0.81 and Server 10.4.8.73.

----------

StarTeam Server 13.0.1.14 (64 bit), SDK 13.0.1.19 and CPC 13.0.1-21 (32 bit).

Caliber 11.2, File Version 11.2.0.42 and Client 11.2.0.42.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I'm unable to reproduce this with any of the 12.x+ servers or clients either. So the bug is probably specific to the 10.4.8.73 server. We dropped support for this server several years ago.

We released StarTeam 13.0 in July and will drop support for StarTeam 11.0 by the end of this year.

It's probably a wise idea for you to recommend an across the board upgrade within your organization.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.