mschulz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Local revision information using stcmd

Hello,

I'm trying to find out how I can query information about the currently checked out version of a file. Assume I have a textfile "a.txt" in StarTeam and the lastest Revsion is #3. Now I check out "a.txt" to Revision #2. When I try a SELECT: stcmd select revisionnumber from file where name="a.txt" the returned Revision is still 3(Actually it's 2, since stcmd seems to count Revision# from 0 whereas the GUI seems to start at 1).

How can I query which is the current local revision of a file? We can assume that the file is freshy checked out and has not been modified when running the query. The status would say "Out-of-Date" rather than "Merge".

Thanks for the help.

regards,
M.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Local revision information using stcmd

Hi Martin,
As things stand, the grammar does not provide the query you're asking about,
which, if I understand you correctly, is the sync information of the file as checked out to disk, not necessarily matching the tip in the server.
So having said that, it certainly seems a reasonable request, one I should be able to support using a 'custom' query.
something like
select workspace-sync from file where '...' -p "..."
basically this query would break down to
open the project/view specified, find the set of files matching the where clause, for each file query the file sync info on disk matching the view path (or alternate path) and return the result set,
which will comprise data such as revision number, dot notation, object id, local md5, etc, keyed off file name & viewmemberid.

May I recomend that you please open a support Enhancement Request, so our folks can track it?
They'll follow up with you with test builds as well...
Appreciate it
Thanks
anil
0 Likes
mschulz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey Anil,

how would I go about creating a enhancement request?

regards,
M.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Martin,
To the best of my knowledge, you typically follow the same process you would to report a defect.

I have asked support to follow up with you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Matthias,
We have logged a support incident and enhancement request for this issue. I will be in touch soon with an update.

Thanks,
Gary
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.