Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
gregory_smith Contributor.
Contributor.

Migrate StarTeam Database After Upgrade to Server 17.0

Jump to solution

We recently upgraded to StarTeam Server 17 (17.0.0.45) from 16.0 and also migrated our SQL Server database to both a new Windows Server and new SQL Server (both version 2016).  After installation of StarTeam Server, we followed the instructions to upgrade the database and take care of orphaned users.  But trying to actually do the migration resulted in an access error.  (Unfortunately, I don't have the exact text handy).  Our solution was to grant "sysadmin" rights to the StarTeam database user.  This allowed us to move forward. 

What should we have done?  And can we safely remove sysadmin rights at this point?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor.

Re: Migrate StarTeam Database After Upgrade to Server 17.0

Jump to solution

As usual, Support was super quick and helpful!  In case others search for this issue, here are the useful snippets of information:

The rights outlined in this KB will resolve all issues:
https://community.microfocus.com/t5/StarTeam-Knowledge-Base/SQL-Server-Database-Permissions-Checklist/ta-p/1756438 

The key factor here is to ensure that the database object itself is owned by the user you are connecting from StarTeam as.  Being aliased as DBO is rarely sufficient.

Also all tables, views and stored procedures should be owned by DBO and should show up as dbo.viewname for example.

3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

I'd strongly recommend raising a support case with this question.

Take care

anil

Contributor.

Jump to solution

As usual, Support was super quick and helpful!  In case others search for this issue, here are the useful snippets of information:

The rights outlined in this KB will resolve all issues:
https://community.microfocus.com/t5/StarTeam-Knowledge-Base/SQL-Server-Database-Permissions-Checklist/ta-p/1756438 

The key factor here is to ensure that the database object itself is owned by the user you are connecting from StarTeam as.  Being aliased as DBO is rarely sufficient.

Also all tables, views and stored procedures should be owned by DBO and should show up as dbo.viewname for example.

Highlighted
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

In case others search for this issue, here are the useful snippets of information

Thanks for posting that so others can benefit.   Much appreciated.

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.