nets1
New Member.

New files not discovered

How can I force ST to find new files on disk immidiately? When I create a file in a working folder, it is not found. Restart of the client is sometimes required. Server version 15. Clint version 14.04.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: New files not discovered

Hi nets

We have a new CPC option called 'File Watcher'

Enable this at Toolss | Personal Options | Workspace - Enable File System Watching

This should be what you need

David

0 Likes
nets1
New Member.

Thanks! I can't find it on CPC version 14 that I am using. (Running 15 on server.)

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Nets

I believe this was a 14.4 CPC feature.

Please download this version of the 15.0 version from the supportline downloads section.

Any problems let us know

David.

0 Likes
nets1
New Member.

>> I believe this was a 14.4 CPC feature.

You are right, I found it. Also, noticed this, strange,.... copy file to the folder, and the file is diskovered, BUT if I used MS Word and "Save As", it is not diskovered.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

we've implemented this feature using the new (since JRE 1.7) java api's java.nio.WatchService

The JRE implementation is platform specific and platform dependent.

We are aware, for example, that remote drive events may not necessarily be generated by the platform.

For all we know, this may well be true for specific classes of applications as well.

What's important, from our perspective, is that our code responds to events posted to the CPC by the JRE,

I'm afraid that if we don;t receive an event, we can't respond.

0 Likes
nets1
New Member.

>> I'm afraid that if we don;t receive an event, we can't respond.

This works according my expectations in StarTeam 2005, I "refresh" and files are found. This seems not to workin in CPC 14.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I really cannot speak to the behavior of starteam 2005

I suggest you open a  case with customer support

Describe desired v/s actual behavior

We are in the middle of a major release so

You may also wait to test out the new builds

Which are scheduled for supportline in april

0 Likes
nets1
New Member.

Sorry, this is not my responsibility.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.