Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
gregory_smith Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Product Support Life Cycle

Jump to solution

Hello.

My IT department is asking what the support or end of life (EOL) dates are for the different versions of the StarTeam CPC and server component.  Is there a roadmap/document anywhere that shows when technical support (phone, web, SupportLine, etc.) will cease for a given version of StarTeam?

Thank you.

-- G

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Olotila Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Product Support Life Cycle

Jump to solution

supportline.microfocus.com/prodavail.aspx lets you query the support schedule for different versions and does not require logging in.  I don't think it distinguishes between CPC and Server though.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

i think you can safely go with 5.

or split the difference if you'd rather be conservative. :)

0 Likes
7 Replies
Olotila Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

supportline.microfocus.com/prodavail.aspx lets you query the support schedule for different versions and does not require logging in.  I don't think it distinguishes between CPC and Server though.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, Olotila.  I will assume the same date for both CPC and Server, since they are not listed separately.  

However, it does not list an end of service date for, say, revisions 13.0 and 14.x.  (Incidentally, these are two versions I'm trying to plan for.)  Is there a list that shows the planned end dates for "Current" products?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

We are releasing 14 Update 4 at the end of  March, so I'd imagine we will have at least a couple of years before 14.x goes out of service.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, Anil.

From the link that Olotila provided, it looks like at least 5 years for most major revs. is typical.  Do you think that would be safe to use as an estimate for 13.0 and 14.x?  Or should I be more conservative and use 2 years, as you've indicated?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

i think you can safely go with 5.

or split the difference if you'd rather be conservative. :)

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, Anil!

0 Likes
Highlighted
mboomer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

There is a link on the Product Availability Page under the "Status" dropdown.

This will provide definitions of the terms used. It's not very obvious but if you click where it advises, "Please click here" it will provide some clarification on the descriptions used.

"For details on support services for products in 'Extended Maintenance' or 'End of Service' status, please click here."

We will continue to provide Technical Support for products covered by a current Maintainence contract. However the level of support we can provide will be limited by the conditions set out in the above definitions.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.