psciascia Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Promoting by Process item does not include past promotes

I don't know if this should be considered a bug or a "procedural issue" so I post it out here before I open a ticket.

On a three-level view architecture

L0         (Release)

|-- L1  (Beta Testing)

|-- L2 (DEV)

A task is created in L2, where original DEV is done. At some point, DEV is complete and ready to go to Beta testing.  The Task is promoted to L1.

While in L1, bugs are reported and fixes are checked-in to L1.

When ready for release, if I promote by process item, I've noticed that only the check-ins done in the task's current view (L1) are promoted and not the promote of the original work (from L0 and committed to L1 as a promote).

You can tell how problematic this can be, so I am wondering if it's considered the normal way process-item-scope replays are performed. If so, I have to adopt a new method.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: Promoting by Process item does not include past promotes

Hi Patrick,
This would be better discussed as a support incident. Please go ahead and log this up so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,
Gary
0 Likes
psciascia Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

RE: Promoting by Process item does not include past promotes

Thanks Gary, I submitted the ticket. problem is, I cannot reproduce this at will, there must be some sort of condition where it seems only the "changes with Item as target" are being promoted.

Sine I cannot reproduce it, I'm afraid it won't be much of a incident.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.