Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Arica_Li Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ST CPC 14.3 performance issue

Hi,

Recently we upgraded the ST Server from 13.0 to 14.3, to make the ST CPC to be align with the server, we installed ST CPC 14.3 on some laptops. Then we found that some simple actions like extend the file/folder hierarchy of the view became very slow. This issue will only happen when there are huge number of files in the view. However the original ST CPC 13 has no any performance issues. I've tried the 14.3 hotfix but none of them can solve the problem. Would you please shed me a light?

ST Server 14.3 64bit + SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2

ST CPC 14.3 64bit + windows server 64 bit

Thanks 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
mboomer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: ST CPC 14.3 performance issue

We have identified a new java control added to the 14.3 HF1 which introduced some performance degradations when e.g. browsing large folder trees

Can you log a support incident and request the 14.3 HF3 fix?

0 Likes
jorgen_bosman
New Member.

We experience the same issue. It starts happening from CPC 14.2 HF4. No cause has been identified yet. 14.3 HF3 does not help in our case

0 Likes
Arica_Li Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, Jorgen

Where you get the 14.3 HF3? I can only get the HF2 from my local Borland support. Would you please send me a copy of the HF3?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HF3 is not available yet, this will be releasing at the end of this month.

We have a jar that we can distribute and Jorgen already has access to this. As a result we are doing further investigation into his issues.

Thanks David

0 Likes
Arica_Li Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, David

The jar didn't work for my case either. I've tried it one week ago from Borland Local Support...The performance issue will only happen when the project has a great number of files.

Thanks for your replies very much.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Arica

We have resolved Jorgen issue via a private build and we have also sent you a link to download and test this.

Thanks David

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.