nets1
New Member.

StarTeam 15

Jump to solution

I noticed StarTeam 15 is now available, and I am not sure if the product offering has changed, any information available somewhere related to which versions that are available now? Eg. "Enterprise", "Enterprise Advantage"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: StarTeam 15

Jump to solution

Hi nets

To answer your questions:

1) I downloaded atlas-planning-and-tracking-suite-2.0.0.71-win64.exe as trial, but I must have gotten wrong file?

No this is the new unified installer that we have available.

2) Is the pricing radically changed between 14 and 15?

No the price has not changed as far as I can tell.

(I am now running a good installation of 14 trial, and is in the final steps of deciding on upgrading.)

At this point StarTeam 15.0 has a few upgraded features over the 14.4 release.  These are a new messaging vendor called ActiveMQ which can be used instead of Tibco Smart Sockets and a new feature which will allow the StarTeam Web Server to use custom APEs (forms and workflows over HTTP)

The section from the release  notes is shown below:
ActiveMQ MPX:

This release introduces ActiveMQ MPX, based on Apache ActiveMQ technology, an updated messaging platform that can be used instead of StarTeamMPX (Tibco SmartSockets). The MPX and Cache Agent features have been updated with these supporting libraries which will be leveraged going forward to expand and improve upon the platform support of the StarTeam Server and its related components. This new technology will be the default messaging platform.

Important: We will continue to support the StarTeamMPX technology. However, server configurations can use one or the other, but not both, platforms. The Installation Guide and the MPX Administration Guides contain the full implementation details for this feature and what you may need to do. For more information regarding Tibco SmartSockets end of support, please refer to https://support.tibco.com/docs/TIBCOEndofSupportInformation.pdf.

StarTeam Web Client:

The following are the new features for this release of the StarTeam Web Client. Alternate Property Editor Support Alternate property editors (APE) created through StarFlow Extensions are now fully supported via the StarTeam Web Client. If APEs are enabled for the project, then the user will be shown the editor as a local dialog for updating with all workflow being fully enforced. When using APEs through the StarTeam Web Client, the APE will make a direct connection to the StarTeam Server and thus firewall settings between the user's machine and the StarTeam Server should be taken into consideration.

If you are not in need of these features you can continue to run with StarTeam 14.4 as this is a fully active and supported release which will be actively developed throughout 2016.

If you need any more information or demonstrations of features I will be happy to call you

Regards David

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi nets

Yeah we still offer both Enterprise and Enterprise Advantage.

Is there any specific feature you are looking and I can tell you which bundle this is offered in

Thanks, David

0 Likes
nets1
New Member.

Jump to solution

I have two questions....

I downloaded atlas-planning-and-tracking-suite-2.0.0.71-win64.exe as trial, but I must have gotten wrong file?

Is the pricing radically changed between 14 and 15?

(I am now running a good installation of 14 trial, and is in the final steps of deciding on upgrading.(

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi nets

To answer your questions:

1) I downloaded atlas-planning-and-tracking-suite-2.0.0.71-win64.exe as trial, but I must have gotten wrong file?

No this is the new unified installer that we have available.

2) Is the pricing radically changed between 14 and 15?

No the price has not changed as far as I can tell.

(I am now running a good installation of 14 trial, and is in the final steps of deciding on upgrading.)

At this point StarTeam 15.0 has a few upgraded features over the 14.4 release.  These are a new messaging vendor called ActiveMQ which can be used instead of Tibco Smart Sockets and a new feature which will allow the StarTeam Web Server to use custom APEs (forms and workflows over HTTP)

The section from the release  notes is shown below:
ActiveMQ MPX:

This release introduces ActiveMQ MPX, based on Apache ActiveMQ technology, an updated messaging platform that can be used instead of StarTeamMPX (Tibco SmartSockets). The MPX and Cache Agent features have been updated with these supporting libraries which will be leveraged going forward to expand and improve upon the platform support of the StarTeam Server and its related components. This new technology will be the default messaging platform.

Important: We will continue to support the StarTeamMPX technology. However, server configurations can use one or the other, but not both, platforms. The Installation Guide and the MPX Administration Guides contain the full implementation details for this feature and what you may need to do. For more information regarding Tibco SmartSockets end of support, please refer to https://support.tibco.com/docs/TIBCOEndofSupportInformation.pdf.

StarTeam Web Client:

The following are the new features for this release of the StarTeam Web Client. Alternate Property Editor Support Alternate property editors (APE) created through StarFlow Extensions are now fully supported via the StarTeam Web Client. If APEs are enabled for the project, then the user will be shown the editor as a local dialog for updating with all workflow being fully enforced. When using APEs through the StarTeam Web Client, the APE will make a direct connection to the StarTeam Server and thus firewall settings between the user's machine and the StarTeam Server should be taken into consideration.

If you are not in need of these features you can continue to run with StarTeam 14.4 as this is a fully active and supported release which will be actively developed throughout 2016.

If you need any more information or demonstrations of features I will be happy to call you

Regards David

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.