Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

StarTeam extensions samples for IDE other than JBuilder?

Are there any plans to release StarTeam extension samples for any IDE (preferably Eclipse) other than JBuilder?

I started looking into creating custom extensions but all of the samples come with JBuilder config files.  The last JBuilder release was 2008 R2.  The support folks say that is the last release and it is no longer being developed.  There is no free version that I can find other than the 30 day eval.  Am having a hard time trying to justify spending money to purchase (and not sure why the extensions are being released for) a product that was killed 6 years ago.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: StarTeam extensions samples for IDE other than JBuilder?

Mike,

Do you need a GUI builder, or just an Eclipse project file for the samples?

We could easily put together an Eclipse project file, if that will suffice.

Please let us know

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would want to build the GUI in Eclipse as well

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

mike,

here's a document that describes implementing starteam extensions on JBuilder 2008 (which was built on top of Eclipse). One of our integration chaps is working on a 'pure' Eclipse strategy, and will try to make it available within a few weeks.

ftp://stsdkcust:LpeEFPwNMJ@emeaftp.microfocus.com/documents/Supporting JBuilder 2008 R2 with StarTeam StarFlow Extension Samples.docx

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Awesome, thanks Anil.

I have enough other things to do so think I can convince myself to wait until the Eclipse strategy comes out but will use this doc if I feel the need to do something sooner. 🙂

Will you post a link to that strategy here when it is done?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

yes, i'll definitely post to this thread when i get something

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.