MagnusHaglund Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Starteam Jenkins Plugin - all files flagged as merge or modified

Hi,

We are using Jenkins on a build server with the Starteam plugin (1.0.0.40).

When Jenkins gets the source code from Starteam each file gets flagged as merge or modified on the build server.

I've checked it by looking at the files with a Starteam Client that is installed on the build server.

How can we avoid that?

Regards,

Magnus Haglund

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Starteam Jenkins Plugin - all files flagged as merge or modified

Good morning,
It is hard to answer this question without more context on the jenkins settings being used.
we do not believe we have seen this issue in any of our testing.
Can I verify which version of the SDK your jenkins implementation is running against?
Which version of the StarTeam server are you targeting?
Which version of the Client did you use to look at the files, and what was the outcome of the experiment?

May I suggest opening a support incident with MicroFocus Customer Support?
They will be able to do screen shares & desktop shares with you,
prioritize your questions, and take it from there.

Take care
Anil
0 Likes
MagnusHaglund Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Starteam Jenkins Plugin - all files flagged as merge or modified

Hi Anil,

It seems like it was an issue with mixed users.

Jenkins has its own user to starteam.
When I logged in to the build server and viewed the files with the Starteam client, I used my own starteam user.
That triggered this behavior.

If I build the application, do the same thing and view the files on the build server with Jenkins starteam user, it looks fine.

Regards,
Magnus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.