Highlighted
MagnusHaglund Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Starteam Jenkins Plugin

Hi,

I am a bit confused. I have read that the Starteam Jenkins Plugin is bundled with the Starteam SDK.

I have installed Starteam SDK (st-sdk-16.0.3.49-runtime-java-win64.exe).

But I can't find any plugin? What am I missing?

Regards,

Magnus

0 Likes
26 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Starteam Jenkins Plugin

the plugin starteam.hpi is written to the lib folder, under
c:\program files\micro focus\starteam sdk 16.0\lib

the plugin requires the bunded version of the sdk .jar's which is why we're now distributing it with the sdk.

we have a planned patch release of the sdk scheduled for Dec 15th, with some additional pipelining fixes.

take care
anil
0 Likes
MagnusHaglund Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you! Found it and it works great. 🙂
0 Likes
psciascia Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello, I would like to start using Jenkins. I don't know much about it. I read that the plugin is now distributed with the SDK but I don't find the starteam.hpi inside the "StarTeam SDK 16.0/lib" folder.

I've also installed a StarTeam plugin I got from the Jenkins plugin repository (Manage plugins).

The plugin seems to work - in that it allows me to configure my connection to Starteam -   but if I want to provoke a build,   I get  the error I pasted below. I am thinking there is a link missing between Jenkins and the StarTeam SDK.

I would really like to see a setup guide, but I have no idea where to look for one. Please help. 

Thanks

FATAL: com/starbase/starteam/Folder
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.starbase.starteam.Folder
at jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.findClassInComponents(AntClassLoader.java:1373)
at jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.findClass(AntClassLoader.java:1326)
at jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.loadClass(AntClassLoader.java:1079)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Caused: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/starbase/starteam/Folder
at hudson.plugins.starteam.StarTeamSCM.checkout(StarTeamSCM.java:128)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1208)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:574)
at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:499)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1818)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:429)

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: RE: Starteam Jenkins Plugin

please install the latest 16.3 HF6 (SDK 16.0.3.61) or 17.0 HF1 (SDK 17.0.0.37) build, downloadable from MicroFocus Supportline.

The jenkins .hpi is a part of both these distributions.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

I already have 16.0.3.61 (screenshot attached).

And if were to have the hpi, would I have to put in anywhere for jenkings to see it?

Thanks Anil.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>>And if were to have the hpi, would I have to put in anywhere for jenkings to see it?

Yes. The jenkins .hpi distributed with StarTeam SDK 16.0.3.61 and the SDK .jar must both be in the classpath of the jenkins server.

The jenkins.io website is the best place to find resources and ansewered questions on how to use jenkins and install and run plugins.

Full details on the StarTeam plugin feature functionality (with history) is available at the jenkins.io website

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/StarTeam

Honored Contributor.

Thanks  again Anil.

I was not able to find the actual hpi, but copying the starteam jars to plugins\starteam\WEB-INF\lib did the trick with the plugin I had installed previously.

The only problem I find with it is that if we set the root  view folder as the folder from which to poll, it generates an error that it does not find it. 

Looking up a Micro focus video from 2016 I saw that checking out all folders can be done using "Multiple SCM" one for each sub folder. Unfortunate because I have 9 of these to do.

Thanks and kudos on your continuous help!

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

>>Looking up a Micro focus video from 2016 I saw that checking out all folders can be done using "Multiple SCM" one for each sub folder. Unfortunate because I have 9 of these to do

This does not really work (or perhaps work any more). If I do several SCM "blocks" with several folders, when I save, they become clones of the first one.

I looked up the doc, but it says the Multiple SCM plugin is deprecated, replaced by Pipelines, which does not seem to work with StarTeam.

So can you help me find out how I can run a scan on different root subfolders in Jenkins?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Patrick,

As stated earlier, you need to use the latest Jenkins plugin which ships embedded in the 17.0 SDK, build 17.0.0.37, downloadable from supportline. The file starteam.hpi is part of that distribution.

Feature functionality of MicroFocus Jenkins plugins are fully described on the jenkins.io page here.

We develop and distribute a closed source plugin.

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/StarTeam

The open source plugin distributed through the jenkins.io community site which you have apparently downloaded is 15 year old technology. We do not maintain it.

If you have any issues with the official MicroFocus plugin, I would strongly recommend opening an incident with Customer Support.

Take care,

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Ok, sorry, I thought you wrote that the plugin was distributed with 16.0.3.61 which I have.

Can I install the 17.0 SDK on my machine even if I am running an 16.0.3.61 client?

This is just so I can get the plugin.

I am still anxiously waiting for approval to install the StarTeam 17.0 server here. We are running the 16.0.1.23 server.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Or better yet, is the 17.0.1 CPC compatible with the 16.0.1.23 server?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just to be absolutely clear and devoid of any confusion.
It is not sufficient just to upgrade the sdk.
You must upgrade the plugin .hpi too
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.