psciascia Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: RE: Starteam Jenkins Plugin

This is a time where a a quick call would reduce the amount of email.

Let me recap.

1) I have the CPC client and accomanying SDK 16.0.3.61.

2) In the SDK 16.0 folder, I have no hpi files whatsoever.

3) Lacking this plugin I installed the deprecated plugin still available within  the Jenkins community.

4) From what I understand, the only way to get the new plugin hpi is to install the 17.0 SDK. 

5) I have no need to update  the hpi because I do not have it anywhere.

6) I do plan on uninstalling my current plugin, which is not working well anyway.

So my 2 questions are:

a. Can I install the 17.0 SDK  - to get the hpi -  and still run the 16.0 SDK in parallel for my CPC, or

b. Can I install the 17.0 CPC, which comes with the 17.0 SDK (and the hpi plugin) without worrying about compatibility issues with a 16.0.1.23 StarTeam server.

Once I have the hpi, I plan on dropping it in the Jenkins plugin folder with  the SDK files.

Thanks again

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

And I presume the "yes" answers you posted mean  for both my questions.

So I will update my CPC to 17.0.

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

2) In the SDK 16.0 folder, I have no hpi files whatsoever.

Did you install the SDK using the SDK installer from the MicroFocus Support Line?

4) From what I understand, the only way to get the new plugin hpi is to install the 17.0 SDK. 

Provided you install the SDK using the SDK installer from the MicroFocus Support Line

5) I have no need to update  the hpi because I do not have it anywhere.

6) I do plan on uninstalling my current plugin, which is not working well anyway.

An .hpi is a plugin. Uninstalling the plugin implies uninstalling the .hpi

So my 2 questions are:

a. Can I install the 17.0 SDK  - to get the hpi -  and still run the 16.0 SDK in parallel for my CPC, or

Yes

b. Can I install the 17.0 CPC, which comes with the 17.0 SDK (and the hpi plugin) without worrying about compatibility issues with a 16.0.1.23 StarTeam server.

Yes

Once I have the hpi, I plan on dropping it in the Jenkins plugin folder with  the SDK files.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

>>Did you install the SDK using the SDK installer from the MicroFocus Support Line?

I installed it through the CPC installer. I thought they were bundled together.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The CPC installer stopped doing a separate SDK install 2 years ago, with the 16.2 platform.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

I thought it was the opposite 🙂

Thanks, I will try the install of the 16.3 HF6 SDK installer.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Ok I confirm that I have a working plugin. I found the following Micro focus on installation of the plugin video helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBkKnHg1bMs

One last question, since Jenkins has deprecated the Multiple SCM plugin in favor of the multibranch pipeline, how do I go about checking out all folders under the root view folder? If I use the name of the root folder in the folder field, it errors out saying it cannot find it. I am wondering if there is a syntax I can use to do this.

Thanks

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

I believe I have my answer. If I use the URL of the root folder it seems to work.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

I've been hacking away at this for hours now, trying not to disrupt the community for something I should be understanding, but here I am.

I am running the  16.3 HF6 Jenkins plugin, and I am able to checkout without issue. As mentioned before, I use the Folder URL which allows me to checkout at once all sub-folders of the root.

I would now like to create a pipeline. I used the snippet generator to generate the call and here's what it generates:

checkout changelog: true, poll: true, scm: [$class: 'StarTeamSCM', allDescendants: true, attachedRevisionsOnly: false, connectiontype: 'url', createWorkingFolders: false, credentialsId: '085e6043-dd42-4be6-b065-d24e9961dbe5', excludedUsers: '', folderName: '', generateLog: false, hostName: '', labelName: '', pollAllDescendants: true, port: '', projectName: '', promotionstate: false, removeNIV: true, rollback: false, stFolderUrl: 'starteam://192.168.0.84:49201/5;ns=Project;scheme=id/78;ns=View;scheme=id/', subdirectory: '', useCacheAgent: true, viewName: '']

PROBLEM:

I get the following exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: hudson.plugins.starteam.StarTeamSCM.credentialsId expects class [Ljava.lang.String; but received class java.lang.String
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.structs.describable.DescribableModel.coerce(DescribableModel.java:446)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.structs.describable.DescribableModel.buildArguments(DescribableModel.java:366)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.structs.describable.DescribableModel.instantiate(DescribableModel.java:288)

Is there an incomaptibility with the snippet generator I should be aware of?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please upgrade to the 17.0 sdk & matching plugin.
If the problem persists, please open a support incident with microfocus customer care
Thank you
Anil
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Anil,

I've updated to 17.0 HF1 and the problem persists. I'll open an incident.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Just to let you know, I opened an incident. Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.