BongoB1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to add attachments

Jump to solution

A single user suddenly can't add attachments through StarTeam CPC v16.0.  When he goes to the 'Attachments' tab on a change request and clicks on the 'Add' button, StarTeam simply disappears without displaying anything (the usual file selection window, error message, etc.)  He can do everything else including adding new CR's and opening existing attachments.  He can successfully add attachments from the CPC installed on another PC. If I log into his PC as myself, I am able to add attachments when I bring up StarTeam.  However, if he is logged in to his main PC and I log into his StarTeam, I experience the same problem when trying to add an attachment.  This applies to any project we select.  We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CPC several times.  I did an uninstall and searched through his C: drive to delete left over StarTeam related folders and files.  I searched through the registry and deleted any remaining references to StarTeam.  Thinking that I had cleaned his PC as much as I could, I reinstalled the CPC.  He still has the same issue.  I can still add attachments when I log into his PC as myself.

Any thoughts about what I am missing?

Thanks,

Bob

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Unable to add attachments

Jump to solution
please try upgrading him to CPC 16.0.3.112 from supportline, see if that either resolves the problem, or produces another one?
If it does not, then please go to Tools/Personal Options, turn on all 3 logging checkboxes, the Details radio button, rerun the code, and send the log in to Customer Support. Open an incident.
if it does resolve the problem, then may i suggest considering an organization wide upgrade to 16.0.3.112?
The 16.0 CPC is about 3 years old. The 16.3 CPC, Patch 5 (16.0.3.112) was released last month.
Please let me know how it goes.
Take care
anil
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
we also offer a 'universal uninstaller', which removes all client versions 13.x to 16.x
cleans up registry entries, deletes relevant folders, etc.
you can get that from MicroFocus Customer Support.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
please try upgrading him to CPC 16.0.3.112 from supportline, see if that either resolves the problem, or produces another one?
If it does not, then please go to Tools/Personal Options, turn on all 3 logging checkboxes, the Details radio button, rerun the code, and send the log in to Customer Support. Open an incident.
if it does resolve the problem, then may i suggest considering an organization wide upgrade to 16.0.3.112?
The 16.0 CPC is about 3 years old. The 16.3 CPC, Patch 5 (16.0.3.112) was released last month.
Please let me know how it goes.
Take care
anil
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
we also offer a 'universal uninstaller', which removes all client versions 13.x to 16.x
cleans up registry entries, deletes relevant folders, etc.
you can get that from MicroFocus Customer Support.
0 Likes
BongoB1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you for you quick response and suggestions. After working to get the old client removed from his PC, I installed the new 16.0.3 CPC which worked like a champ. Thanks again. Bob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.