Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

company upgrading from 2009R2 to 14 with powerbuilder 12.5; source control

Hi all,

Our company is in the process of upgrading from Starteam 2009R2 to Starteam 14.    Our application is in Powerbuilder 12.5 and is currently using the Starteam Microsoft SCC Integration for source control.   However,  the existing Microsoft SCC integration client we are using does not appear to be compatible since it is getting a logon error trying to connect to Starteam 14 from our Powerbuilder 12.5 app.    Since we are using Powerbuilder, we are not using Visual Studio or Eclipse as the IDE for the app, which appear to be the 2 SCC integration clients available.  

We have discussed with Sybase (powerbuilder support) and they said the following: 

Specifically PowerBuilder supports SCC interfaces based on the
Microsoft Common Source Code Control Interface Specification, Version

What should we be using to connect our Powerbuilder app to Starteam 14 for source control ?  

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: company upgrading from 2009R2 to 14 with powerbuilder 12.5; source control

Hi Mark

Can you send me the error that you are receiving and I can test and advise.

I will drop you an email with the latest SCC plugin we have and you can test this.

Thanks David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have attached a screen print.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mark

This looks like the administrator has setup app control to block older applications

So you would need to add the SCC as a permitted application, once this is in place you shuold be able to connect.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks a bunch David.   We will get with the Administrators and find out.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.