RE: stcmd command to update workspace

Jump to solution
Hi,

My steps are:
1-> Get the source with the commando:
stcmd co -p "XXXXX:XXXXX@IP:PORT/PROJECT_NAME" -is
2-> I delete one file and try to commit to StarTeam
stcmd ci -p "XXXXX:XXXXX@IP:PORT/PROJECT_NAME" -is -filter CMONIGU -o
And I got an error saying that the system cannot find the file that I deleted... and the file still remains in StarTeam 😞

Searching in the documentation I found the command sync (syncronize the folders), and if I repeat the step 1 and:
2-> stcmd sync both -nivf -o -d "Commit Message"
The file is deleted on StarTeam, but I cant change the folder where all this magic occurs, we are trying to integrate this commands to syncronize our developer repository (in TFS - GIT) with our delivery repository (StarTeam).

Appreciate for your attention.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi Cristiano,
Can you log a support incident for this? If you can log a support incident we can further investigate this and hopefully get a resolution for this.
0 Likes
Cristiano_Votre Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Gary,
The new version solved my problem, but now I discovered another problem, in the same view we have many components or applications and we want to syncronize one at time, or, only a part of the view, I tried:

stcmd connect ....
stcmd set project="Project_name" view="VIEW_NAME" folderHierarchy="FOLDER_COMPONENT_1"
stcmd sync both -o -d "MESSAGE_COMMIT" -rp "JOB_FOLDER_COMPONENT_1"
stcmd disconnect ....

And only the root folder was sync, the childrens folders wasnt processed, I read the documentation and the sync command doesnt have a "-is" parameter (like ci/co), so, how can I do this?

Thank you.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

>>, in the same view we have many components or applications and we want to syncronize one at time, or, only a part of the view
The sync command does not support this.
It expects and runs a full view mapping (comparison) to the equivalent (full) working folder workspace on disk, and vice versa.

>>folderHierarchy="FOLDER_COMPONENT_1"
So essentially, the sync command would not even consider the folderHierarchy argument when running

>>sync command doesnt have a "-is" parameter

It does not need it, as written. It should successfully map the entire view, with its contained folder tree, to a corresponding working folder tree on disk (your 'workspace')

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
To add to this... while we do not support this use case, as the code is written, we could certainly consider supporting it once we understand the entire requirements.
If this is sufficiently important to you, I'd suggest that you open up an Enhancement Request through MicroFocus Supportline.
Provide full details of the use case. a sample view structure, how a specific folder tree is mapped to disk, the current behavior, the expected behavior etc.
we would set up a conference call with you and verify that we understand the requirements sufficiently to target our forthcoming release. (May 18th)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.