Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with deprovisioning collaborative storage

NSM 3.0 - latest version - running on OES2 SP3 64 bit
Running one engine, one agent and one server, all on the same server which has a read-write replica.

When deleting edir groups that have collaborative storage policies I am getting two issues. The first is that eDirectory on the server containing the storage is crashing. The message in /var/log/messages is

Jan 13 11:09:52 files kernel: ndsd[10781]: segfault at 0000000000000121 rip 0000
2aaaaab03fde rsp 0000000041806f60 error 4

I can do an rcndsd start and it will load again, and then the folder deletion continues.

This was also happening with version 2.5, and I was hoping the upgrade would fix it, but although it seems to happen less often (ie only once while removing about 7 groups with around 20 members each, each member having a personal folder under the group folder, whereas previously it would happen several times) it is still happening.

It may have started after applying OES 2 SP3, but I can't be sure as we haven't deleted groups since about July last year.

The eDir crash only occurs with NSM created folders - an equivalent number of "ordinary" folders created with a script can be deleted without issue.

I have changing the server the collaborative storage is created on but get the same issue.

The other issue is after the deletion I have two transactions that don't complete. The action is "deprovision collaborative storage" and the action state is "waiting for ds sync". The current error is "17 : Object attribute has too many values.". I've checked DS sync and all servers are synchronised. The server with the storage on it has a read-write replica. But I got the same results (ie both problems) when it didn't have a replica. I put one on today to see if it fixed the problems.

Any advice appreciated.

Rob
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We probably need to look at your log files, and we would like a runtime configuration report. Could you send an email to storagemanager at novell.com and we will work on this with you.

Thanks,
NSM Support

>>> rshera<rshera@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 1/12/2011 8:06 PM >>>

NSM 3.0 - latest version - running on OES2 SP3 64 bit
Running one engine, one agent and one server, all on the same server
which has a read-write replica.

When deleting edir groups that have collaborative storage policies I am
getting two issues. The first is that eDirectory on the server
containing the storage is crashing. The message in /var/log/messages
is

Jan 13 11:09:52 files kernel: ndsd[10781]: segfault at 0000000000000121
rip 0000
2aaaaab03fde rsp 0000000041806f60 error 4

I can do an rcndsd start and it will load again, and then the folder
deletion continues.

This was also happening with version 2.5, and I was hoping the upgrade
would fix it, but although it seems to happen less often (ie only once
while removing about 7 groups with around 20 members each, each member
having a personal folder under the group folder, whereas previously it
would happen several times) it is still happening.

It may have started after applying OES 2 SP3, but I can't be sure as we
haven't deleted groups since about July last year.

The eDir crash only occurs with NSM created folders - an equivalent
number of "ordinary" folders created with a script can be deleted
without issue.

I have changing the server the collaborative storage is created on but
get the same issue.

The other issue is after the deletion I have two transactions that
don't complete. The action is "deprovision collaborative storage" and
the action state is "waiting for ds sync". The current error is "17 :
Object attribute has too many values.". I've checked DS sync and all
servers are synchronised. The server with the storage on it has a
read-write replica. But I got the same results (ie both problems) when
it didn't have a replica. I put one on today to see if it fixed the
problems.

Any advice appreciated.

Rob

--
rshera
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rshera's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14075
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=429853
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.