Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
btippett Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SM 5.0 for eDirectory Admin Does Not Connect to the Engine

Was previously running NSM 4.0 for eDirectory. The server running the engine crashed. That server was only running NSM and was to be retired after moving NSM. I did a new install of SM 5.0 for eDirectory on a different server (OES 11 SP2). The engine, agent and event monitor are all running on the server. I installed SMAdmin eDirectory 5 on Windows 10. When I try to log in to it, I get an error - Could not communicate with the the engine. I've tried installing Admin on Windows 7 and get the same result. What do I need to do?

Thank you.
0 Likes
1 Reply
btippett Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SM 5.0 for eDirectory Admin Does Not Connect to the Engi

Issue resolved. The firewall was active on the server.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.