lca25
Visitor.
2126 views

StorageManager Agent conflicts with NURM on OES2018

We get the following fail when installing Storage Manager Agent onto OES 2018

[INDENT] # rpm -ivh novell-storagemanager-agent-5.0.0-14.x86_64.rpm
file /var/opt/novell from install of novell-storagemanager-agent-5.0.0-14.x86_64 conflicts with file from package novell-nurm-web-1.0.4-0.60.2.noarch[/INDENT]

Anyone get this?

Our Server:
Open Enterprise Server 2018 (x86_64)
VERSION = 2018
PATCHLEVEL = 0
NAME="SLES"
VERSION="12-SP2"
VERSION_ID="12.2"
PRETTY_NAME="SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2"
ID="sles"
ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:suse:sles:12:sp2"
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (x86_64)
VERSION = 12
PATCHLEVEL = 2

Uname: 4.4.121-92.92-default #1 SMP Mon Aug 13 12:33:42 UTC 2018 (dfdd665) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: StorageManager Agent conflicts with NURM on OES2018

On 10/3/2018 9:24 AM, lca25 wrote:
>
> We get the following fail when installing Storage Manager Agent onto OES
> 2018
>
>
> # rpm -ivh novell-storagemanager-agent-5.0.0-14.x86_64.rpm
> file /var/opt/novell from install of
> novell-storagemanager-agent-5.0.0-14.x86_64 conflicts with file from
> package novell-nurm-web-1.0.4-0.60.2.noarch
>
> Anyone get this?
>
> Our Server:
> Open Enterprise Server 2018 (x86_64)
> VERSION = 2018
> PATCHLEVEL = 0
> NAME="SLES"
> VERSION="12-SP2"
> VERSION_ID="12.2"
> PRETTY_NAME="SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2"
> ID="sles"
> ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
> CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:suse:sles:12:sp2"
> SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (x86_64)
> VERSION = 12
> PATCHLEVEL = 2
>
> Uname: 4.4.121-92.92-default #1 SMP Mon Aug 13 12:33:42 UTC 2018
> (dfdd665) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
>


Are you using the latest packages from the patch channel?

-- NFMS Support Team
0 Likes
lca25
Visitor.

Re: StorageManager Agent conflicts with NURM on OES2018

Hi yes the server was newly created with all patches from the channel.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: StorageManager Agent conflicts with NURM on OES2018

On 10/4/2018 5:04 AM, lca25 wrote:
>
> Hi yes the server was newly created with all patches from the channel.
>
>

Including the latest patch for Storage Manager, just to be clear?

-- NFMS Support Team
0 Likes
lca25
Visitor.

Re: StorageManager Agent conflicts with NURM on OES2018

NFMS Support Team;2488416 wrote:
On 10/4/2018 5:04 AM, lca25 wrote:
>
> Hi yes the server was newly created with all patches from the channel.
>
>

Including the latest patch for Storage Manager, just to be clear?

-- NFMS Support Team


Yes, have verified.
Storage Manager 5 for OES 2018 5.0.0
18 Jul 2018 Storage Manager 5 for OES 2018 5.0.0 Recommended
md5: 7562d90e1535e72cab8dc4158ef04ecf
novell-storagemanager-agent-5.0.0-14.x86_64.rpm
0 Likes
rlagger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: StorageManager Agent conflicts with NURM on OES2018

I have reproduced this issue and you should be able to safely use the --force option with your install.

'rpm -ivh novell-storagemanager-agent-5.0.0-14.x86_64.rpm --force'

--Product Specialist
0 Likes
lca25
Visitor.

Re: StorageManager Agent conflicts with NURM on OES2018

rlagger;2488453 wrote:
I have reproduced this issue and you should be able to safely use the --force option with your install.

'rpm -ivh novell-storagemanager-agent-5.0.0-14.x86_64.rpm --force'

--Product Specialist


Ok, Thanks.

Worked.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.