Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
3112 views

slow NSM login

I have 38 NetWare 6.5 SP5 servers at 35 locations. I have the Storage
Manager
2.0 loaded on a server on my local LAN. This server has all the master
replicas for the entire tree. I can login to Remote Manager via port 8009
quickly via a browser. However, logging in to NSMAdmin via port 8009 is very
slow.

Does anyone know the cause of this?

Patrick


0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: slow NSM login

I have the NSM2 engine loaded on the local server.
Patrick

"Patrick" <patrickbuller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BUXng.9713$tN4.1245@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>I have 38 NetWare 6.5 SP5 servers at 35 locations. I have the Storage
>Manager
> 2.0 loaded on a server on my local LAN. This server has all the master
> replicas for the entire tree. I can login to Remote Manager via port 8009
> quickly via a browser. However, logging in to NSMAdmin via port 8009 is
> very slow.
>
> Does anyone know the cause of this?
>
> Patrick
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: slow NSM login

Patrick,

We are looking into this slow login issue, but I have been having trouble
reproducing the issue. Can you tell me if you are running application across
WAN links or across routers?

thanks,
NSM Development

"Patrick" <patrickbuller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:6YXng.9719$tN4.9666@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>I have the NSM2 engine loaded on the local server.
> Patrick
>
> "Patrick" <patrickbuller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:BUXng.9713$tN4.1245@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>>I have 38 NetWare 6.5 SP5 servers at 35 locations. I have the Storage
>>Manager
>> 2.0 loaded on a server on my local LAN. This server has all the master
>> replicas for the entire tree. I can login to Remote Manager via port 8009
>> quickly via a browser. However, logging in to NSMAdmin via port 8009 is
>> very slow.
>>
>> Does anyone know the cause of this?
>>
>> Patrick
>>

>
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: slow NSM login

I am accessing the engine on the local network. Both my workstation and the
server are plugged directly into a Cisco Catalyst 6500 switch. The
workstation and server are on different VLANs.
Patrick

"fsfdev" <fsfdev@novell.com> wrote in message
news:eFfog.10658$tN4.8265@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Patrick,
>
> We are looking into this slow login issue, but I have been having trouble
> reproducing the issue. Can you tell me if you are running application
> across WAN links or across routers?
>
> thanks,
> NSM Development
>
> "Patrick" <patrickbuller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:6YXng.9719$tN4.9666@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>>I have the NSM2 engine loaded on the local server.
>> Patrick
>>
>> "Patrick" <patrickbuller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:BUXng.9713$tN4.1245@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>>>I have 38 NetWare 6.5 SP5 servers at 35 locations. I have the Storage
>>>Manager
>>> 2.0 loaded on a server on my local LAN. This server has all the master
>>> replicas for the entire tree. I can login to Remote Manager via port
>>> 8009 quickly via a browser. However, logging in to NSMAdmin via port
>>> 8009 is very slow.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know the cause of this?
>>>
>>> Patrick
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.