UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

SOM Data Collection Error

Jump to solution

Hello Support,

I am working on SOM 10.10 and i have succesfully discovered an HP 3Par (model 8400) Storage array.

Now running data collection job on it, i got internal error and no informations has been collected.

Checking into SOM server logfiles (SOM. log, some-trace.log) i find some errors like:

[2016-07-25 10:23:19.163] SEVERE [com.hp.se.disco.services.server.DataCollectionPostProcessorImpl] There was an error completing data transfer cycle for elements [\root\tpd:tpd_storagesystem.creationclassname="TPD_StorageSystem",name="2FF70002AC0198E9"]: com.hp.se.disco.common.task.exceptions.PostProcessingException: There was an error creating and populating element data

[2016-07-25 10:23:19.179] SEVERE [com.hp.se.disco.services.server.DataCollectionPostProcessorImpl] DATA Collection Failed for element:\root\tpd:tpd_storagesystem.creationclassname="TPD_StorageSystem",name="2FF70002AC0198E9". Calling setCollectionFailed on ElementCache.

and from DCFailure.log:

DataCollection Failed for the element 3par-prod at 2016 07 25 10:23:19

Please do you have any suggestion about it? It could be an known error?

Thanks.

Regards,

Fabrizio

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would like to inform this issue has been solved by installing 0023_(BUNDLE_10.10.191)_CUMULATIVE_HOTFIX_FOR_HP_SOM_10.10 provided by HPE Support.

Thanks.

Regards,

Fabrizio

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would like to inform this issue has been solved by installing 0023_(BUNDLE_10.10.191)_CUMULATIVE_HOTFIX_FOR_HP_SOM_10.10 provided by HPE Support.

Thanks.

Regards,

Fabrizio

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Fabrizio,

I'm glad to hear that installing the cumulative hotfix #0023 helped resolve this issue.  There was a new 3PAR device bundle included with that hotfix as well as the other items.

If you encouter any problems with enabling Performance Pack licenses, keep the following Support Tips post in mind.

(SOM) Support Tip: Unable to license Performance Pack license for 3PAR arrays

Good luck with the rest of your efforts.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.