ToKathir Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

LG name as part of Docker Image environment variables

Jump to solution

Can we name the LG docker image through APIs

Problem statement: I need to assign a docker Linux LG to a load test that is run as part of CI/CD pipeline.

The LG docker image by default takes a name of 'Linux LG-XXXXXXX' where XXXXXX is a part of the container ID string. Is there an environment variable to name the LG instead of this value during generation/registration.

Docker image: https://hub.docker.com/r/performancetesting/stormrunner_load_generator

This is also related to preivous post Is there a REST API method to remove a OPLG 

Without these features, it is cumbersome to spin docker image, run test & spin-off image. I am still able to achieve the workflow with workarounds, but I feel it would be a maintenance nightmare to manually remove the LGs.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: LG name as part of Docker Image environment variables

Jump to solution

Hi Kathir,

Yes, SRL does support the custom name of docker LG. Please use "STORM_LG_NAME" env variable to specify the custom name.

* Note that SRL appends container id in the LG name. (<custom_name>-<container_id>)

Thanks,

Naren

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution
I will look into it to see if we can control that currently and have this as part of our LG API’s in the future.
That’s great feedback thank you.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Kathir,

Yes, SRL does support the custom name of docker LG. Please use "STORM_LG_NAME" env variable to specify the custom name.

* Note that SRL appends container id in the LG name. (<custom_name>-<container_id>)

Thanks,

Naren

0 Likes
ToKathir Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution
Naren,
This worked. I was able to get the LG ID for further processing using the custom name.
Thanks,
Kathir(/KB)
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Kathir,

Thank you for the update. 

Thanks,

Naren

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.