Absent Member.. James Leatherma Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Migration path for scripts written with TruClient for StormRunner

Just wondering how I will get my existing TruClient for StormRunner scripts ported over to Standalone TruClient. I have a lot of development work tied up in those scripts.

Version 12.02, build 99 -> Version 12.50, build 4002

0 Likes
4 Replies
AvniLior Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Migration path for scripts written with TruClient for StormRunner

Hi James,

Do you mean you want to use LR 12.02 TruClient scripts in LR 12.50?

if so, simply open them in LR 12.50 (it is backwards compatible).. if you want to convert them to TruClient Web (the new implementation of Truclient in LR 12.50), you can convert them to TruClient Web using the "convert" option in Vugen.

Hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks James for your post!

1. Do you mean you want to convet convert LR12.02 Truclient script --> LR 12.50 TruClient script?.  

If so  - you can use convert option in VuGen as it was said by AvniLior, Please check below image for your reference

2. Do you mean you want to Convert TruClient XPI (Firefox Addin) Script to TruClient Standalone 12.50?. 

If so - please read convert instruction from Here

Dela_Jiang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can also convert multiple TC12.02 scripts to TC web protocol scripts(12.50) by Vugen with steps below:

1. Open TC12.02 or earlier script in Vugen and select it 

2. Click Tools > TruClient Conversion Tool…

3. On popup dialog input Soure folder where all your old TC scripts are right under it. For example, source folder is C:\Users\admin\Documents\VuGen\Scripts which means all old scripts are right under it like C:\Users\admin\Documents\VuGen\Scripts\script1, C:\Users\admin\Documents\VuGen\Scripts\script2,...

Make sure Batch convert option is checked.

Highlighted
Absent Member.. James Leatherma Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OK - let me try that.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.