Highlighted
Arun Negi Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Rest API for updating On-Prem Injectors

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I was checking the StormRunner REST API services for updating the details of LoadGenrators on Stormrunner Cloud

There is an available API for updating the details of on-cloud Load generators.

However is it possible to do the same for On-Prem generators?

When a request for load test is submitted, the On-Prem Load machines would be created on fly and same would need to be updated on Cloud for using in load test and hence this query.

Regards,

Arun

Regards,

Arun

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Rest API for updating On-Prem Injectors

Jump to solution

Hi Arun,

As I said earlier, StormRunner treats a new script when you are removing old version script and uploading new version script.

Yes, it will keep default location if you are uploading script from Load test -> script. 

Please try PUT API from script section  "/projects/{projectId}/scripts/{scriptId}/file"; This operation will reload the script in your test. Please use same protocol script to keep the same configuration.

Hope this will help

Thanks,

Naren

8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your post.

Currently, SRL does not support such REST API services, You can see Load Generator related APIs in the future release.  

Thanks,

Naren

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Naren,

Happy New Year!

Thanks for the revert!

I have created a shell using SRL API's which :-

Uploads zipped script to SRL Cloud => Removes the old scripts from defined load=> Adds the fresh scripts to the load scenrio with RTS and SLA's.

Now assuming initially i had defined this load scenario with the Static IP's of On-Prem Load Generators added.

Due to the above operation of my shell ( removing old scripts and adding new ones ), will this configuration get removed from the load scenario?

Currently I havent been able to test this scenario as we are in the process of creating the on-Prem machine and would need to have the same whitelisted in Firewall which may take a while.

Also Is there a blog where we could track the forthcoming release features?

Regards,

Arun

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Arun,

Greeting from SRL team and Happy New Year.

Basically, you have asked 2 questions

1. Is the configuration get removed if the user removes and upload the script again? 

Yes, configuration removed. Removing old script and adding new script means you are adding a new script which requires to reconfiguration.

2. Is there a blog where we could track the forthcoming release features?

Well, There is no such blogs which can share forthcoming release features, however, SRL help document can help a little bit to know current and past features - you can refer below URL

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/srl/en/Latest/Content/Storm/Whats_New.htm 

Thanks,

Naren

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Naren,

Thanks for your response!

For Run Time Settings and SLA's we are updating from shell.

Specifically within the configuration i meant the IP's of On-Prem LoadGenerators. I'm hoping they dont get removed as there is no API for adding the On-Prem Load Generators. .

Regards,

Arun

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Arun,

Yes, You are right. Load Generator configuration isn't removed when removing/uploading script but pays attention to 'location'  configuration(in the Script tab). The default location is the cloud, not the on-premise which means uploading new script will run on the cloud by default.

Thanks,

Naren

Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Naren,

For the first time we will be manually  creating the load scenario for each application on-Cloud. The on-prem load injector setting will be saved as well.

Post this, everything will be done using automated devops pipelines ( updated script uploads, removing old version of scripts and adding new version of scripts to the already existing load scenario )

Will it still change the location configuration from on-prem to on cloud when changes in scripts are made to this already existing load scenario?

Regards,
Arun

Regards,

Arun

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Arun,

As I said earlier, StormRunner treats a new script when you are removing old version script and uploading new version script.

Yes, it will keep default location if you are uploading script from Load test -> script. 

Please try PUT API from script section  "/projects/{projectId}/scripts/{scriptId}/file"; This operation will reload the script in your test. Please use same protocol script to keep the same configuration.

Hope this will help

Thanks,

Naren

Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Naren,

So i have decided not to update the RTS and SLA settings.

One time initially while defining the load scenario we will specify the RTS and SLA and post that only update the scripts via upload.

That ways as mentioned by you the On-Prem setting would remain.

Regards,

Arun

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.