Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Difference between spool output on Mainframe and Micro Focus

When i view any SYSOUT on mainframes it opens up with column no 2-81. which is fine , that means it is leaving first column

when i do the xdc of sysout i see printer carriage control in first column

However when i see on Micro Focus it is starting with Column no 1 and not with 2-81 as on mainframe.

Is it a shortcoming or i am doing some thing wrong.

I am compiling my Code With ENTCOBOL and ADV

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Cheeta55,

The actual contents of a spool file in Enterprise Server or MFE is the same as on the Mainframe. 
Only the "viewer" is different.

Micro Focus always display the whole content (including column 1 in case of FBA or FBM spool files)

Hope this helps

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Groeten

i am not able to do that even making FBA. Can you please elabroate how you are able to see columns.

Another think which might i have missed in my last post.

Where ever there is write statement for files. It is fine coming as expected.

issue is with displays

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Cheeta555,

Groeten means greetings in Dutch Big Smile  My name is Frits.

With column 1 i mean position 1 of the record.
There are no column lines or something like that.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.