New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

How to run a .exe on a JCL

I am trying to run an .exe program thru a JCL in MFE, I searched for the equivalent of BPXBATCH utility but I could not find any. can someone help?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Miguelm,

We did this by writing cobol program (Micro Focus Cobol) which invokes the exe  and calling that program thru jcl.

So what i am suggesting is  JCL invokes >> Cobol program >> exe.

But it lot depends on exact requirement. We can write a custom program for  same.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Cheetalm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks for your response to my question Cheetalm, sorry for the delay but for some reason I did not get the email I was supposed to receive when someone posted an answer. About your suggestion, I appreciate it but that is what I had in the first place. I wrote a Cobol and a c program that is being called by the Cobol as a DLL. I wanted to try a different approach by compiling the c program as an .exe and see if I could call it directly from the JCL

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Thanks and regards,

Miguelm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Miguelm,

Did you tried.

Not sure about C program as an exe called by JCL, But Cobol as an exe can be called by JCL

Thanks

Cheetalm

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.