Absent Member.. Brendan_Cooper Absent Member..
Absent Member..

9.20 Installation fails after 9.26 Uninstall

Hi,

I'm trying to reinstall 9.24 again after having issues with 9.26 but I'm having trouble installing 9.20.

I went through the 9.26 uninstaller process but when trying to install 9.20 it fails trying to install HPOvXpl11.03.031-Win5.2_64-release.msi

If I manually try to install HPOvXpl I get the following message. "HP Software Cross Platform Component has detected that there is a newer version of this installation already installed. The installation can not continue."

I've tried removing all the HP folders under Program Files and ProgramData. I've also tried tracking down the newer MSI via WMI query in powershell but this didn't show any entries related to HP.

I can't find the newer version of this file in the 9.26 installation,  What patches/software install a HPOvXpl newer than 11.03.031? Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Brendan

P.S. The DPS install suceeded, I'm having issues with the GTW install.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member.. migggg
Established Member..

Re: 9.20 Installation fails after 9.26 Uninstall

We are experiencing this when trying to rollback from 9.25.

After uninstall of 9.25, 9.22 would not start-- now uninstalled all and trying to reinstall 9.20 but getting this error on DP.

Any good ideas?

Thanks in advance,
/m

0 Likes
Rajesh_K
New Member.

Hi, 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2008.08.utilityspotlight.aspx

Download Microsoft utility from above link, and remove all components which are named with BSM. It may resovle the issue.

---Rajesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Brendan_Cooper Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Rajesh,

That link not longer contains any download links as the MSIZap tool is deprecated.

Cheers,

Brendan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.