Rene Th.Mens Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Audible notification needed in OVO java client version A.07.00

Jump to solution
I need a windows application to run an audible alarm when a critical alert is received.
At this moment I use the following command in preferences => events:
d:\windows\System32\sndrec32.exe -play D:\WINDOWS\Media\ALERT.WAV
Unfortunately, when we receive 50 critical alert at once the screen is over flooded with sndrec32- applications. Is a better solution available or do you know a better windows application to run this wav-file?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Alan Deger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Audible notification needed in OVO java client version A.07.00

Jump to solution
I think what you really want to do is use a command line wav player (such as the freeware WAV.EXE by Dave? Navarro). Start up this utility with the shell "CMD /C WAV my.wav" or some such. This should do what you need?

-ard
2 Replies
Highlighted
Alan Deger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I think what you really want to do is use a command line wav player (such as the freeware WAV.EXE by Dave? Navarro). Start up this utility with the shell "CMD /C WAV my.wav" or some such. This should do what you need?

-ard
Rene Th.Mens Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks Alan,
Nice tool. I had tried some other players but some didn't work for my audio card, some didn't work from command line.
This one is perfect for the job.
//cheers.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.