nicnictout Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Auditing operators actions

Jump to solution

Hello,

i have a request from my managers who want to monitore operator activities. I mean by monitoring, just check that all alarms have been take into account by operators (launch op-action or take ownership) .

I'm able with op_init_ackn_flag in DB to find all alarms acknowledged by operator action, so all alarms with this flag have been takes in charge by operator previously.

My issue is for operator that own a message, but auto-correlation service acknowledges the message itself  (normal msg ack the critical one after filesystem size been reduced for example).

I have an idea to replace the original "ownership mechanism" proposed by HPOM with a tool which could create an annotation or something similar to find at the end of the month. Maybe someone has another idea to succeed because this solution needs that operators looks for a specific tool, it's less efficient than the out-of-box ownership mechanism (take more time for operator to own a msg...)

Platform: OML 9.20

Many thanks to any idea purposed 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Auditing operators actions

Jump to solution

Hello,

i finally choose to create a tool for my operators, but i do not understand why they failed to work.

When i run it from the manager my tool is working, when i launch it from ITO console it failed with "network problems".

I just try to own and add an annotation to a message, it works directly with shortcut in the console but not when i run my tool.

Output of program:

Didn't execute command "/tmp/addanno.sh nigreder 80a258dc-946b-71e7-0c36-0a465e190000" on node <OML-manager> Network communication problems occurred

here te definition of my tool:

Tool Call: /tmp/addanno.sh

Parameters: $OPC_USER $OPC_MSG_IDS 

Start  On management server  

Some help would be appreciated because i do not understand why it failed....

Thx

0 Likes
1 Reply
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Auditing operators actions

Jump to solution

Hello,

i finally choose to create a tool for my operators, but i do not understand why they failed to work.

When i run it from the manager my tool is working, when i launch it from ITO console it failed with "network problems".

I just try to own and add an annotation to a message, it works directly with shortcut in the console but not when i run my tool.

Output of program:

Didn't execute command "/tmp/addanno.sh nigreder 80a258dc-946b-71e7-0c36-0a465e190000" on node <OML-manager> Network communication problems occurred

here te definition of my tool:

Tool Call: /tmp/addanno.sh

Parameters: $OPC_USER $OPC_MSG_IDS 

Start  On management server  

Some help would be appreciated because i do not understand why it failed....

Thx

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.