longbango Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can HP Operations Manager (OpenView) monitor Linux/Unix services?

Hello, im running HP Operations Manager on a Windows server, the HP tool can monitor other Windows nodes with no problem (Performance, Services...). I did successfully install the Agent on a Linux node (CentOS 6.8), all of the agent services is running well, the certificates on agent node is good, i can synchronize packages n policies with no problem, but when i try deploy Process/Service Monitor Policy on Linux node, the Operations Console tells me that the policy uses a VBscript, which means it does not support a LInux/Unix node.

So my question is: Can HP Operations Manager (OpenView) monitor Linux/Unix services? or did i miss something?

Thanks for reading my question

Best Regards

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Ram_21 Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Can HP Operations Manager (OpenView) monitor Linux/Unix services?

Hello

You would need the System Infrastructure Smart Plug-in (SI SPI) installed in your OMW server. This has policies that are designed to work on Windows or Unix/Linux environments. Check the SI SPI documentation for more details on what policies are applicable for Unix/Linux systems and then deploy the appropriate policy to the Linux server.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Ram

longbango Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can HP Operations Manager (OpenView) monitor Linux/Unix services?

Hello Ram, many thanks for replying my question, but where can i download the System Infrastructure Smart Plug-in? do the SPI come with Agent Installation DVD ISO or should i download and install it separately? i already did some search on google but it gave me no help. Could u pls send me the link?

Best Regards

Long

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.