Jeroen Peereboom Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Category-based instrumentation distribution fails despite of success message

Jump to solution

L.S.

I have the following configuration: Node group N with 8 nodes.  Node group is assigned to policy group.. The policy group contains 2 policies with category based instrumentation.

There is no direct assignment of policies to nodes. All nodes are in node group N only. All nodes seem correct in OM database with respect to 'agent side system detection', (OS_VERSION, OS_BITS and AGENT_BITS).

Instrumentation files are directly under Unix/Linux directory (no x64 or x32).

Nevertheless. 3 nodes do not receive the instrumentation from the instrumentation directory, while others do receive the instrumentation.. I tried stopping, cleanstarting and so on.

1. Why?

2.If I assign the individual node to the category, instrumentation is sent. However, it would be very convenient if the adminUI allowed assigning a node group to a category (or vice versa). The manual page of opcnode suggests one can assign at node group level, the command says 'Operation successfully completed.' but it does not show in the adminUI. It does show in 'opcnode -list_ass_cat'.

JP

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Category-based instrumentation distribution fails despite of success message

Jump to solution

Hello Jeroen,

Assigning categories to node groups is an enhancement that was completed with HPOM 9.20:
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1A103798

So that should work. If it doesn't work, then it's a defect.

But for some reason it looks like this feature was only implemented for the CLI and not the adminUI.

You could try and see if de-assigning the category from the node group and then re-assigning it again helps. Also make sure you have the latest HPOM consolidated server patch.

If all that doesn't help, you should open a support case. 

Best regards,
Tobias

6 Replies
German_Rodriguez Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Category-based instrumentation distribution fails despite of success message

Jump to solution

Hi JP, 

l hoep you are well, 

In order to understand more about your requiriment, would like additional information for me to check in or internal database if this requeriment is already implemente un a support version. 

Please share us the following: 

• Operating System version: uname -a
  • Operations Manager version: opcsv -version
  • Screenshots if the issue
  • The command are you using on opcnode

Thank you in advacend for the informtion.

Regards. 

German Rodriguez S.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the KUDOS BUTTON at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.“
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am sorry I did not supply some basic information.

I have HP Operations Manager 09.21.130 OML_00099 with Agent 11.14 on RHEL 6.9 (64bit).  

The managed nodes are Linux, Red Hat 7.3, Red Hat, 3.10.0, 64, 64,

$ opcnode -assign_cat cat_list=LBS group_name='LBS-Proef'
Operation successfully completed.
$ opcnode -list_ass_cat group_name='LBS-Proef'

====================================================================
Node group = LBS-Proef
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Category = LBS
Description =
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Operation successfully completed.

In teh adminUI I can use 'Browse -> All Categories', select 'LBS' and ask for 'Nodes'. No nodes are shown. 

JP

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

L.S.

still waiting for an answer

JP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Jeroen,

Assigning categories to node groups is an enhancement that was completed with HPOM 9.20:
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1A103798

So that should work. If it doesn't work, then it's a defect.

But for some reason it looks like this feature was only implemented for the CLI and not the adminUI.

You could try and see if de-assigning the category from the node group and then re-assigning it again helps. Also make sure you have the latest HPOM consolidated server patch.

If all that doesn't help, you should open a support case. 

Best regards,
Tobias

Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Tobias,

Ad 2:

it seems missing in the adminUI. At least now I know I can use assignment to node groups, as my node groups are closely related to the instrumentation categories.

I will think about opening a support case.

Ad 1:

I don't know what happend, but I found a work-around, and it happened in my Test environment. I will keep an eye on Production. 

JP.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello,

Could you please confirm if you are satisfy with the solution provided?

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to open a support ticket anytime you wish. 

Regards.

Enoc Morales
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone's response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the KUDOS BUTTON at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.